What is the full form of ACC
ACC: Associated Cement Companies
ACC stands for Associated Cement Companies. ACC limited formerly known as the Associated Cement Companies (ACC). It is the foremost manufacturer of cement and ready-mixed concrete in India. Its headquarters is located on the Maharishi Karve Road, Mumbai which is also known as Cement House.
It has 17 state-of-the-art cement factories, around 60 ready-mixed concrete plants, and a vast distribution network and sales offices across the country. Since its inception, it has been a trendsetter and renowned benchmark in cement and concrete technology. As of October 2017, Mr Neeraj Akhoury is the MD & CEO of ACC limited.
Vision: To be one of the reputed companies in India recognized for challenging conventions and delivering on our promises
- Portland cement
- Premium cements
- Bulk cement
- Ready Mixed Concrete
- Ready Mixed Concrete Value Added Products
- ACC Ltd was incepted as The Associated Cement Companies Ltd in August, 1936 by the merger of ten existing cement companies.
- In 1944, it established India's first entirely indigenous cement plant at Chaibasa in Bihar.
- In 1956, it set up a bulk cement depot at Okhla in New Delhi.
- In 1965, it established Central Research Station at Thane.
- In 1973, it acquired the Cement Marketing Company of India.
- In 1978, it introduced precalcinator technology for the first time in India.
- In 1982, it commissioned its first 1 MPTA plant at Wadi in Karnataka. In the same year, it established Bulk Cement Corporation of India through a joint venture with Govt. of India.
- The house of TATA was associated with the company till 1999. It sold its 7.2% stake in the ACC to Ambuja Cement Hodings Ltd in 1999 and the remaining stake to Gujarat Ambuja Cements Ltd.
- In 2003, IDCOL Cement Ltd became a subsidiary of the company which was renamed Bargarh Cement Ltd in 2004.
- In 2004, it was recognized as Consumer Superbrand by the Superbrands Council of India.
- In 2006, Damodhar Cement & Slag Ltd, Bargarh Cement Ltd and Tarmac (India) Ltd merged with the company and Associated Cement Companies Ltd was renamed ACC Ltd with effect from September 1, 2006.
- In 2008, its concrete business was hived off to a new subsidiary called ACC Concrete Ltd.
- On July 7, 2008, it established ACC Cement Technology Institute at Jamul.
- In September 2009, it installed a coal washery in Jamul.
- In 2010, it commissioned the 2.5 MW wind mill project in Maharashtra.
- In 2011, it received the ISO 9001-2008 certification from Det Norske Veritas (DNV) AS Certification Services.
- 2010: It entered its platinum jubilee year and became the first company in the cement industry to achieve this status. In this year, it also received the FICCI Award for 2009-10.
- 2011: It installed world's largest kiln at ACC Cement Plant in Karnataka with a capacity of 12,500 tonnes per day.
- 2012: ACC introduced M-100 grade concrete for the construction of high-intensity towers. It also became the first cement company in India to introduce the use of Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) and GPS to improve turnaround time of trucks.
- 2013: ACC won CII-ITC Sustainability Prize and ranked as Most Admired Company of India in the cement sector by Fortune India and Hay Group India.
- 2014: It launched Waste Heat Recovery System (WHRS) at Gagal, an important step towards energy conservation.
- 2015: It established two waste pre-processing plants at Wadi and Kymore to improve the usage of industrial waste.
- 2016: ACC received the Silver Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting for its Annual Report 2014 from the ICAI.
- 2017: ACC won the "Silver Award" for excellence in Financial Reporting for its Annual Report 2015 from the ICAI.