Advantage and Disadvantage of Magento 2
Magento 2 is quite different from its previous versions. Magento 2 is a user-friendly e-commerce platform. If we want to work with Magento 2, then we should also be aware of its advantages and disadvantages. It has advantages along with some disadvantages, which are given below.
- Category and product creation is much easier and quicker than the other.
- It offers various templates and theme that allows both the Magento designer and store owner to customize the look and feel and even also optimize it for the Smartphone.
- Magento 2 offers amazing Admin interface, which is very simplified. Non-technical admin likes this simplified interface.
- LESS preprocessor and CSS URL helps to increase performance, speed up the page load, and also make system friendly with the search engine.
- It is developer-friendly, as it built according to the modern development logic that makes it more efficient for the developer to work with it.
- Magento 2 has Luma theme, which is an eye-catching theme and easy to learn. Using the Luma theme, we can easily manage our online store in very less time. It also helps us to enhance the productivity of creating products, managing orders, and customer's data.
- All the extensions of Magento 1.x will not work on Magento 2.0. You need to purchase the extensions and integrate them into Magento 2.
- Magento 2 Community Edition is free, whereas Magento 2 Enterprise Edition is paid. You have to pay for Magento 2 Enterprise Edition.
- Development expertise is required due to its complexity.
- Magento 1 theme "Madison Island" cannot be transferred to the Magento 2, it will need to be built from scratch, which makes it an expensive endeavor.
- For the small store, it is a little pricey. The enterprise edition is expensive of the Magento 2.
- Magento 2 needs heavy servers, which makes it slow and requires intensive data input for optimal performance.