Area Aptitude Test Paper 5
21) A 20 m long, and 15 m broad hall is surrounded by a verandah with a uniform width of 2.5 m. Find the cost of flooring the verandah at Rs. 3.50 per square meter.
Length of the hall = 20 m,
Breadth of hall = 15 m,
Area of hall = L x B = 20 x 15 = 300 m2
Length of hall with verandah = 20 + 2.5 + 2.5 = 25 m,
Breadth of hall with verandah = 15 + 2.5 + 2.5 = 20 m,
Area of hall with verandah = 25 x 20 = 500 m2
Area of verandah = area of hall with verandah - area of hall
= 500 - 300 = 200 m2
Cost of flooring the verandah is Rs. 3.50 per square meter.
So, the cost of flooring the entire verandah = 3.50 * 200 = Rs. 700
22) The height of a room to its semi-perimeter is 2: 5. It costs Rs. 260 to paper the walls of the room with paper 50 cm wide at Rs. 2 per meter allowing an area of 15 cm2 for doors and windows. The height of the room is
23) The area of a rectangular plot is increased by 30% and its width remains as it was before. What will be the ratio between the area of the new rectangle and the original rectangle?
Let the length and breadth of the rectangular plot be x and y respectively.
24) If the wheel of an engine of a train 4meters in circumference makes seven revolutions in 4 seconds, what is the speed of the train?
Circumference of a circle =
25) If the height of a triangle is decreased by 40% and its base is increased by 40%. What will be the effect on its area?
Let x is the base and h is the height of the triangle.
Area Aptitude Test Paper 1
Area Aptitude Test Paper 2
Area Aptitude Test Paper 3
Area Aptitude Test Paper 4
Area Aptitude Test Paper 6
Area Aptitude Test Paper 7
Area Aptitude Test Paper 8