Javatpoint Logo
Javatpoint Logo

Aptitude Partnership Test Paper 3


11) The contributions made by Ravi and Suresh are in the ratio of 3:2. If 5% of total profit is donated and Ravi gets 8550 as his share of profit, what is the total profit?

  1. 14000
  2. 14500
  3. 15000
  4. 15500

Answer: C

Explanation:

Let the total profit = x
The ratio of contribution by Ravi and Suresh = 3:2
Sum of ratios = 5

Apply formula:

Ravi's share = (Ravi's ratio/ sum of all ratios)* total profit
Ravi's share = (3/5) * x = 8550
x= (8550*5)/3
Total profit: x= 14250

ATQ, the Ravi gets 8550 after 5 % donated
Now, 95% = 14250
1% = 14250/ 95
And, 100% = (14250/95) * 100 = 15000


12) A, B, and C invest 63000, 56000, and 84000 respectively to start a business. After one year, the profit is distributed in the ratio of their investments. If C's share of profit is Rs.54000, find the total profit earned.

  1. 135030
  2. 130500
  3. 145000
  4. None of these

Answer: B

Explanation:

Let the total profit = x
The ratio of investment = 63000: 56000: 84000
=63:56:84
On dividing by 7, we get 9:8:12
Now, sum of the ratios = 29

Apply formula:
C's share = (C's ratio/ sum of all three ratios)* total profit
C's share = (12/29) * x = 54000
x= (54000*29)/12
x= 130500

Hence, the total profit = 130500


13) Two partners invest Rs.125000 and Rs. 85000 respectively in a business and agree that 60% of the profit should be divided equally between them and the remaining profit is to be treated as interest on capital. One partner gets 300 more than the other. Find the total profit made in the business.

  1. 3739.50
  2. 3749.50
  3. 2375.60
  4. 3937.50

Answer: D

Explanation:

The investment ratio is: 125000: 85000
= 125:85
On dividing both sides by 5, we get 25:17
ATQ, 60% is divided equally, and the remaining 40% is shared on the investment ratio basis.
The difference between 40% of their profit is 300.

Let a number x
i.e., 25* x *(40/100) - 17*x *(40/100) = 300
(1000/100)* x - (680/100)*x =300
10x - (34/5)*x = 300
50x-34x = 1500
16x =1500
x= 93.75

Total profit means sum of ratios = 25x+17x = 42x
42*93.75 = 3937.50


14) A, B, and C enter into a partnership. A invests one-fourth of the capital for one-fourth of the time. B invests one-fifth of the capital for half of the time. C contributes the remaining capital for the whole time. How should they divide a profit of Rs 1140?

  1. 150, 540, 870
  2. 100, 160, 860
  3. 100, 160, 880
  4. 120, 170, 830

Answer: C

Explanation:

Let capital is 1unit, and time is 1unit
Apply the formula to calculate the profit ratio
(C1 * T1): (C2 * T2): (C3 * T3)
(¼ * ¼): (1/5 * ½): ((1-(1/4 + 1/5))*1)
i.e., (1/16): (1/10): (1- (5+4)/20)
1/16: 1/10: 11/20

To calculate the investment ratio, take LCM of the denominators and multiply with each fraction.
LCM of 16, 10, and 20 is 80
Now, (80/16): (80/10): ((11*80)/20)

We get the investment ratio: 5:8:44

Total profit is 1140

Apply formula:

A's share = (A's ratio/ sum of all three ratios)* total profit

A's share = (5/57)* 1140 = 100
B's share = (8/57)*1140= 160
C's share = 1140 - (100+160) = 880


15) Praveen, Sunny, and Ashu Bhati start a business. Twice the capital of Praveen is equal to thrice the capital of Sunny and Sunny's capital is four times Ashu Bhati's capital. Find the Sunny's share if the total profit earned is 297000.

  1. 107000
  2. 109000
  3. 108000
  4. 115000

Answer: C

Explanation:

Let Praveen's capital = A
And, Sunny's capital = B
And, Ashu Bhati's capital = C

So, the ratio of their investment = A: B: C

ATQ,
A*2 = B*3
i.e., A = 3B/2
B = 4C
Or, C = B/4

Now put the values in terms of B.
A: B: C = 3B/2: B: B/4
A: B: C = 3/2: 1/1: ¼

Take the LCM of the denominators and multiply with every fraction. The LCM of 2, 1, and 4 is 4.

Then, A: B: C = (3*4)/2: (1*4)/1: (1*4)/4

The profit ratio is A: B: C = 6: 4: 1

The Total profit is 297000

Apply formula:

Sunny's share = (Sunny's ratio/ sum of all three ratios)* total profit
Sunny's share = (4/11) * 297000 = 108000


Aptitude Partnership Test Paper 1
Aptitude Partnership Test Paper 2
Partnership Concepts





Please Share

facebook twitter google plus pinterest

Learn Latest Tutorials


B.Tech / MCA