Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 7
31) A, B, and C together can complete a work in 6 days. The efficiency of A and C is 3 times of B, and the efficiency of A is 4 times of C, and then they alone can finish the job in how many days.
ATQ, (A+B+C) can finish a work in 6 days
The efficiency of (A+C): B = 3: 1
Then total work = Efficiency * total days
Now, Efficiency of A: C= 4: 1
The total work, in this case, = Efficiency of (A and C) * days
32) A does half as much as work as B in 1/6 of the time taken by B. Together they can complete the work in 10 days. B alone can complete the work in how many days?
Let B does 1 work in x days
That means time ratio of A: B = x: x/3
As we know that the efficiency ratio is inversely proportional to time ratio
i.e., Efficiency ratio of A: B = 1: 3
(A+B) = 10 days
So, B can finish the work in 40/1 = 40 days.
33) A man can finish a work in 20 days, a woman can finish the same work in 30 days, and a boy can finish the same work in 60 days. 2 men, 8 women, and some boys working together can finish the work in 2 days. Find how many boys are working?
Note: Assume the total work = LCM of the given days
Take the LCM of days = LCM of (20, 30, and 60) = 60
1 Man's one day work = 60/20 = 3 unit
ATQ, (2Men + 8Women + x Boy) can finish a work in 2 days.
Or, (2Men + 8women)'s 1 day work = 2 * 3 + 8*2 = 22
Or, (2Men + 8women)'s 2 day work = 22* 2 = 44
By equation 1, 1 boy completes 1 unit work per day
34) A contractor undertakes to complete the job in 38 days. He assigns 30 workers on the job, and after 25 days he assigns 5 more workers and finishes the work one day before the given time. If he did not assign extra numbers of workers then work will be late by how many days.
ATQ, target = work should be finished in 38 days
Now, after assigning more workers, the work is finished in 37 days.
Note: man * days = total work
As per the given information,
Note: 1 worker = 1 unit work per day
So, if work is done by 30 workers, i.e., 30 units of work per day
Target with 30 workers = 38, but it will take 39 days
35) 30 men can complete the work in 30 days. If after every 10 days, 5 workers leave the job, the work will be finished in how many days?
Men = 30, days = 30
Total work = men * days = 30*30 = 900 units of work
1st 10 days work done = Men * days = 30*10= 300................ (i)
The total work done in 40 days = 300+ 250+ 200+ 150 = 900 units
ATQ, the total work which is 900 units should be completed in 30 days, but according to the solution, it takes 10 more days to get completed.
So, the work will be completed in 40 days.
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 1
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 2
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 3
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 4
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 5
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 6
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 8
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 9
Time and Work Concepts