Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 9
Work and wages:
41) Two men do a piece of work for rupees 200. One alone can finish the work in 6 days, and the other can finish it in 8 days. With the help of a boy, they finish it in 3 days. How much money should be given to the boy?
A can finish the work in 6 days, and B can finish the work in 8 days.
Now, A = 6 days
Note: Assume the total work = LCM of the given days
Take the LCM of days = LCM of (6, 8, and 3) = 24
Or, A's one day work = 24/6=4
Or, A: B: C = 4:3:1
42) Wages for 45 women amount to rupees 15525 in 48 days. How many men require to work 16 days to receive rupees 5750, the daily wages of a man being double of those of a woman?
Apply the formula:
M1 * D1 * E1 * W2 = M2 * D2 * E2 * W1
Where E = efficiency or wages, and W = work or amount
ATQ, M1 = 45, D1 = 48, E1 = 1, W1 = 15525
Now, 45 * 48 * 1 * 5750 = M2 * 16 * 2 *15525
Hence, 25 men required.
43) 3 men and 4 children can earn Rs 756 in 7 days. 11 men and 13 children can earn Rs 3008 in 8 days. In what time will 7 men with 9 children earn Rs 2480?
3M + 4C earns 756 in 7 days
(11M + 13C)'s one day earning = 3008/8 = 376......... (ii)
From equation 1 and 2
3M + 4C = 108
11* [3M+4C] = 108 * 11, or, 33M + 44C = 1188....... (iii)3* [11M+13C] = 376* 3, or, 33M + 39C= 1128....... (iv)
Now subtract equation iv by iii.
i.e., 5C = 60
That means 1children earns 12 rupees per day
That means 1M earns 20 rupees per day
ATQ, 7M + 9C earns 2480 in D days........ (v)
Now, put the earned value by M and C per day in equation 5.
7*20 + 9*12 = 248
44) A, B, and C together earn Rs 1350 in 9 days. A and C together earn Rs 470 in 5 days. B and C together earn 760 in 10 days. Find the daily earning of C.
ATQ, (A+B+C) earn 1350 in 9 days
Similarly, (A+C)'s one day earning = 470/5= 94...... (ii)
(B+C)'s one day earning = 760/10 = 76........ (iii)
Now, put the value of (B+C) from equation iii, in equation i
A + 76 =150
Now put A's one day earning in eq. ii
A + C = 94
Hence, C earns 20 Rs per day.
45) A, B, and C undertakes to do work for Rs 707. A, and B together do 5/7 of the work and rest is done by C alone. How much should C get?
Let the work = 7
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 1
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 2
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 3
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 4
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 5
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 6
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 7
Aptitude Time and Work Test Paper 8
Time and Work Concepts