Aptitude True Discount and Banker's Discount Test Paper 3
11) The banker's discount on Rs. 1500 at 15% per annum is the same as the true discount on Rs. 1550 for the same time and the same rate. What is the time?
As per question:
Bankers Discount, B.D. = Simple Interest on the face value of the bill for unexpired time.
12) The bankers gain on a sum due 5 years hence at 14% per annum is Rs. 280. What is the banker's discount?
B.G. = Bankers discount - True discount
13) The B.G. on a certain sum 4 years hence at 5% is Rs. 400. Find the present worth.
14) The present worth of a certain bill due sometime hence is Rs. 450. If the true discount is Rs. 15, what is the banker's discount?
B.G. = B.D. - T.D.
15) A bill is discounted at 20% per annum. If the banker's discount is allowed, at what rate percent should be proceeds be invested so that nothing will be lost?
Let the amount = Rs. 100
So, B.D. = Rs. 20 as banker's discount is the simple interest on the face value of the bill for the unexpired time and bill is discounted at 20% per annum.
Proceeds = Rs. 100 - Rs. 20 = Rs. 80
So, we should get Rs. 20 as the interest of Rs. 80 for one year so that nothing will be lost.
Aptitude True Discount and Banker's Discount Test Paper 1
Aptitude True Discount and Banker's Discount Test Paper 2