What is the full form of AT&T
AT&T: American Telephone & Telegraph Company
AT&T stands for American Telephone & Telegraph Company (AT&T Inc.). It is one of the largest telecommunication companies in the world. It is also the pioneer in the field of telecommunication and mobile industry. The company provides advanced mobile services, high-speed internet and next-generation TV for people and businesses. It is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, United States.
AT&T was founded on October 5, 1983. Previously, it was known as Southwestern Bell Corporation (1983-1995), and SBC Communications Inc. (1995 - 2005).
Products & Services
Some of the popular Products & Services of AT&T Inc. are listed below:
- Fixed Line Telephone
- Mobile Telephone
- Wireless Service
- Digital TV
- Satellite TV
- Internet Service
- The history of AT & T starts with the invention of the telephone by Alexander Graham Bell in 1876. After Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, he and his financial supporters, Gardiner Hubbard and Thomas Sanders established Bell Telephone Company in 1877.
- In 1885, AT & T was incorporated as a subsidiary of Bell Telephone Company to establish the long-distance telephone network.
- In 1889, AT & T acquired the Bell and became the parent company .
- In 1927, AT&T launched long-distance telephone service to London.
- In 1956, it launched the submarine cable service to extend its services to Europe.
- It 1964, it offered first Transpacific cable service.
- Kingsbury Commitment that empowered the AT&T Company to act as a monopoly was overturned in 1982. It resulted in the breakup of AT&T Company into seven smaller divisions.
- After the breakup, AT&T Company started its operations as Southwestern Bell Corporation.
- In 1995, Southwestern Bell Corp was renamed SBC Communications Inc.
- In 2005, SBC Communications Inc. acquired the former parent company, AT&T Corp and became AT&T Inc.