Backbone.js Interview Questions
A list of top frequently asked Backbone.js interview questions and answers are given below.
1) Explain Backbone.js?
2) In which language, Backbone.js is written?
3) When and by Whom the Backbone.js was released?
Backbone.js was initially released on October 13, 2010, by Jeremy Ashkenas.
4) Which is the latest stable version of Backbone.js and what is its released date?
The latest stable version of Backbone.js is 1.3.3, and it was released on April 5, 2016.
5) What are the main components of Backbone.js?
Main components of Backbone.js:
6) Explain the Architecture of Backbone.js
Backbone.js supports Model-View-Controller architecture that allows developers to separate business logic and GUI logic.
7) When do you require Backbone.js?
Backbone.js is required in following conditions:
8) What is Collection in Backbone.js?
A Collection can be defined as an ordered set of modules. In Backbone.js, there is a collection class which provides some useful methods to deal with the collections. We can extend the collection class to provide some additional functionalities. For example:
9) Which are the three js files that are required to setup Backbone.js?
Following are the three js files that you require to setup Backbone.js:
10) What is the use of Backbone.js router?
Backbone.js routers are used to route the application's URL to some particular actions and events. At least one route must be present for every defined router. It also defines the URL representation of the application's object when web applications provide linkable, bookmarkable, and sharable URL.
11) Describe Backbone events?
Backbone.js event can be defined as the module which can be mixed with any object. There are following methods which are used to manipulate Backbone.js events,
12) What is a View in Backbone.js?
A view is the important part of the Backbone.js architecture. In a Backbone.js application, a view is responsible for the end user interface. The view defines the way in which the application looked at the user. The View is also responsible for listening to the events and reacting to them accordingly.
13) What is Modelbinder in Backbone.js?
Model Binder is a class which is used to bind the model and the view together. The binding is done to archive synchronization.
14) Mention some most robust functionalities of Model binder?
Some most robust functionalities of the model binder are
15) What are the advantages of Backbone.js?
Advantages of Backbone.js:
16) What is a Converter in Backbone.js?
17) What is sync in Backbone.js?
Sync is a function that is called every time. It attempts to read or save a model to the server. It persists the state of the model to the server.
18) What are the methods of utility in Backbone.js?
Two methods can be used to manipulate the Backbone.js utility:
19) Mention the case where you can use the unbinding function in Backbone.js?
Unbinding function is used to remove the bindings on the model.
20) What are the configuration options available in Backbone.js?
There are the following configuration options available in Backbone.js.
21) What are the functionalities of parse in Backbone.js?
The data, which is returned from the server in response to a fetch or store operation, is called parse. It is used to return the model's data by passing into the response object.
22) What is the function of setElement?
The Backbone.js setElement method is used to apply the backbone view to a different DOM element. For example: