Following is a list of the most prominent features of Backbone.js:
- Backbone provides different types of building blocks like models, views, events, routers and collections for assembling client side web applications.
- In Backbone.js when model changes, it automatically updates the HTML of your application.
- Backbone.js is a simple library used to separate business and user interface logic.
- Backbone.js is a free and open source library and contains over 100 available extensions.
- Backbone.js makes your code simple, systematic and organized. It acts like a backbone for your project.
- Backbone.js manages the data model which includes the user data and display that data at the server side with the same format written at client side.
- Backbone.js has soft dependency with jQuery and hard dependency with Underscore.js.
- Backbone.js allows developers to create client side web applications or mobile applications in well structured and organized format.