Berhampur University is a public university located in Brahmapur in Odisha; the University was established in the year 1967 and inaugurated by Dr. A.N. Khosla.
The Berhampur University works with a Motto of "Tamsoma Jyotirgamaya", which in English means "Let light emerge from darkness" the Governor of Odisha is the Chancellor of the University, and Shri Geetanjali Dash is the Vice-Chancellor of the Berhampur University. The University is approved by UGC and NAAC and accredited with an 'A' grade; the University is established on 250 acres of land.
The University offers UG (Under Graduate) and PG (Post Graduate) courses in Science, Business, and Humanities to the students. Also, it provides various doctoral studies to the students. Admission to UG (Under Graduate) courses is made based on the marks scored by the candidate in the entrance exam conducted by the University or some other entrance exam such as JEE (Joint Engineering Exam) conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency).
Admission to the PG (Post Graduate) courses is made based on the marks scored or the rank attained by the candidate in the entrance exam conducted by the University or some other exams such as GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), which is operated by NTA (National Testing Agency) through this exam the candidate can take admission in the MTech and M Pharm course. Admission to the Doctoral courses is made based on the marks attained by the candidate in the Entrance exam that the University conducts.
Placement Cell of Berhampur University
Berhampur University offers campus placements to students. For this, the University also conducts special classes for the students, mainly those of the Computer Science and IT Department selected by top recruiting companies like Infosys, Wipro, IBM, TCS, Amazon, HP, Hindustan Copper Ltd, Axis bank, Kotak, and HCL.
The candidate can get a package up to 12 LPA (Lakh per Annum); the Minimum package that a Student get is 3 LPA (Lakh per Annum).
Facilities Provided by the Berhampur University
- Library: The University has a wide range of books on almost all subjects and courses, and the library also has an extensive reading room for the readers. Moreover, the University also provides daily current affairs magazines and newspapers in Hindi and English. The library and the reading room are always open for the students. The University also provides access to the E-library in which all the data of subjects are stored on Pen Drives, CDs, Hard Disks, and the University's official portal.
- Sports: The University also provide sports opportunity to the students; the University has a football ground, Cricket pitch, racing tracks, badminton court, Volley ball court, and also has indoor sports like Chess, Table Tennis, Snooker, and Air hockey. The University gives proper exposure to the interested student so they can also think about making their carrier in Sports.
- GYM: The University also provides a GYM facility to interested students at a minimal price that every student can afford. Also, the equipment used in the GYM are well maintained and well-organized. Moreover, the University also provides a personal trainer for the students so they can exercise in a proper posture; in this case, the chances for injury are significantly less; it has been observed that many students suffer from injuries due to their wrong body posture during exercise.
- Infrastructure: The University has well-maintained, well-furnished, and properly ventilated classrooms. Each classroom has projectors, and projecting screens and also, and they have smart boards in every class. The Lecture theatres of the University is designed in such a way that they are entirely noise-absorbent and well-furnished; the University has well-maintained practical labs like the University has different computer labs for other OS (Operating System) like MAC, Window, Linux, Ubuntu, and many more, each student is given a different computer system so that they can practice individually also the other labs like Chemistry lab, Physics lab, electronics lab, Electrical lab, Logic design lab, AutoCAD lab are also well maintained. Each student is allotted separate instruments and equipment.
- Hostel: The University provides hostel facilities to the students; the hostel rooms are designed to give the students a proper atmosphere for their studies as the rooms are adequately ventilated and well furnished. The students are given separate study tables, chairs, and almirah. Also, each student is issued a unique ID card through which student can access their hostel rooms.
- Anti-Ragging Cell: The University also has an Anti-Ragging cell which saves the students from the other students' bad behavior. Mainly this cell is made to help the juniors from the seniors. The sole purpose of this cell is to provide a safe and secure environment to the students. Ragging is a crime now a day, and it has been observed many times that many students commit suicide due to Ragging.