Cassandra Setup and Installation
Apache Cassandra and Datastax enterprise is used by different organization for storing huge amount of data.
Before installing Apache Cassandra, you must have the following things:
- You must have datastax community edition. You can download Cassandra click here
- JDK must be installed.
- Platform should be Window.
Download and Install Cassandra
Follow the steps given below:
- Run the datastax community edition setup. After running the setup, you will see the following page will be displayed. It is a screenshot of 64 bit version.
- Click on the next button and you will get the following page:
- Press the next button and you will get the following page specifying the location of the installation.
- Press the next button and a page will appear asking about whether you automatically start Data Stax DDC service. Click on the radio button and proceed next.
- Installation is started now. After completing the installation, go to program files where Data Stax is installed.
- Open Program Files then you see the following page:
- Open DataStax-DDC then you see Apache Cassandra:
- Open Apache Cassandra and you see bin:
- Open bin and you will see Cassandra Windows batch File:
- Run this file. It will start the Cassandra server and you will see the following page:
- Server is started now go to windows start programs, search Cassandra CQL Shell
- Run the Cassandra Shell. After running Cassandra shell, you will see the following command line: