Cluster University, Jammu
It is a government-funded University formed in 2016. It comprises five colleges and is situated in Jammu city. The University provides integrated courses and UG courses in different specializations and disciplines. Students are admitted through a university-level entrance exam, and the exam is called the Cluster of Jammu Entrance Test (CLUJET).
- Formation: 2016
- Type: Public University
- Total no. of Students: 410.
- Admission Process: CLUJET Entrance Exam
- Type of Programs: UG and Integrated Courses
- Location: Wazir Bagh, Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir
- Parent Institution: Government of Jammu and Kashmir
- Vice-Chancellor: Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir
- Affiliation: University Grant Commission (UGC)
- Official Website: http://www.clujammu.in/
The Cluster University of Jammu aspires to join the rank of one of the world's most excellent universities by nurturing a knowledge society of enriched learners that speaks innovation and invention along with excellence in research, inclusive education, service, and community engagement.
To create and sustain a community of lifelong learners that fosters:- Research and Development- Quality and innovation- Student Success- Experiential learning and Community engagement- Academic Leadership and Administrative support- Enterprise, Employability, and Entrepreneurship.
According to the University laws, the University council has been vested with the following powers:
- To withdraw any degree, certificate, or diploma conferred or granted by the University upon the ground that the court has convicted such a person of law or an offense which, in the opinion of the University Council, involves moral turpitude or upon the ground that they have been guilty of scandalous conduct.
- To institute such professorships, associate Professorships, Assistant Professorships, or other teaching posts as may be proposed by the Academic council in this regard
- Subject to powers conferred upon the Syndicate under the Act, to manage and regulate the accounts finances, property, investments, and all administrative affairs, whatsoever of the University, and for that purpose to appoint such agents as it may deem fit.
- To abolish or suspend any professorships, assistant professorships, associate professorships, or other teaching posts on the report of the Academic Council in this regard
The University Council of the University of Jammu has been reconstituted for 2021-24, and the following are members of the University Council:
Ex Officio members
- The Chancellor
- The Pro-Chancellor (if any)
- The Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor Cluster University of the Srinagar
- The Financial Advisor
- The Education Advisor to the Government
The Cluster University of Jammu provides several types of Undergraduate and Integrated Courses for students. Given below are the courses offered by the University in different capacities:
||Intermediate graduate with 50% from Jammu and Kashmir Board
||Intermediate graduate with 50% from Jammu and Kashmir State Board
||Intermediate graduate with 50% in Sciences from Jammu and Kashmir
||Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics
|Integrated M. Com
||B. Com passed with the relevant program
||BA passed the relevant program
||English, History, and Linguistics
||B. Com passed the relevant program
||B.Sc passed in the relevant program
||Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Mathematics
|Integrated Family and Community Science
||Intermediate graduate passed with a 50% from Jammu and Kashmir State Board.
Five affiliated colleges of the University are:
- MAM PG College, Jammu,
- Government SPMR College of Commerce
- Gandhi Memorial Science College
- Government College for Women, Gandhi Nagar
- Government College of Education Canal Road
Five campuses of the University span 108 acres of land. Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan funds the infrastructure development of the institute.
Categorization of admission fees is given below for the courses and programs available in the Cluster University of Jammu:
|Integrated M. Com
|Integrated M. Sc
|Integrated Family and Community Science
Reservation is given to some category of people, and they are given below:
- Scheduled Castes: 8%
- Persons who have participated with distinction in NCC activities: 2%
- Defense Service Personnel, including Ex-Servicemen and their children who are permanent residents of the State and have satisfactory service records: 2%
- Candidates belonging to the backward area other than that Districts Leh and Kargil: 2%
- Candidates belonging to the areas adjoining the actual line of Control: 2%
- Candidates belonging to weak and underprivileged classes as notified in SRO by the State from time to time: 2%
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes (Gujjar, Gaddies, Sippi, Bakarwals, and Baltis): 5%
- Student Aids: The Scholarship is offered to those students who hail from economically weak and whose parent's income is less than 1lakh/year.
- Merit Scholarships: Scholarships are offered to those students who have attained top rank in the last qualifying exam.
- Other Scholarships programs: Students can use the benefits of other Central and State level scholarship programs with help from the college administration. For further information, the student is advised to visit the college website, or they may approach the college administration.
Admission to the Cluster University is made through Entrance Test (CLUJET) and on a merit basis.
- The entrance test is conducted for Bcom/BA/B.Sc (Hons), MA/MSc/MEd/M Com or integrated programs in several disciplines in the University.
- A constituent college of Cluster University offers merit-based admission to Undergraduates.
Students who satisfy the admission norms and regulations can apply for admission to the University for integrated programs and Undergraduate programs. The programs would be allotted based on the performance in the CLUJET entrance test.
Guidelines For the Registration Are:
- The Candidates can only apply online through the University admission portal, i.e., http://cluj.admissionhelp.com, for entrance-related programs as per the intake capacity of the programs notified by the University.
- For application, Candidates should register themselves and submit their details like phone number and email id in the application form.
- The following document will be uploaded after giving the details of the initials, and they are:
- Passport-size photographs
- Matric Certificate
- Self-attested ID proofs
- Scanned signature of the applicant
- Candidates would be asked to select the programs for which they want to apply and save the application form.
- After submitting all details, the applicant would be directed to a payment page for the online payment of 750 INR for the General Category and 650 INR for the SC/ST category.
Some of the facilities given by the Cluster of the University of Jammu are:
- Laboratory: The University is fully equipped with departmental-based laboratory facilities for the students.
- Library: The university stores large volumes of books in its library. It is available for both students and teaching faculties for reference.
- IT Infrastructure: The Cluster University of Jammu has impeccable IT infrastructure inside the College premises.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Describe the CLUJET examination pattern.
Ans: The examination comprises 120 objective-type questions. Questions come from the subjects like Reasoning and Numerical Ability, General Knowledge, and English. The time duration provided for the exam is 2.5 hours. For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Ques: What is the procedure for the PG Courses in the Cluster University of Jammu?
Ans: The Candidate should fill in the preferred college and course in the application form. Allotment of the Post-graduate courses is based on reservation criteria and a merit list.
Ques: Does the Cluster University of Jammu provide specialization in the B.Sc (Hons)?
Ans: B.Sc is provided by the University and specialization in the following courses:
Ques: Does the Cluster University of Jammu has any scholarship program for the students?
Ans: Cluster University provides ample scholarships to the needed students to continue their further studies. Deserving candidates are given financial aid through the several plans and programs of the government and marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
Ques: Does the Cluster university of Jammu provide B. Ed Programs to Students?
Ans: Cluster University provides 2-year B. Ed programs to students. The Candidate should have done 10+2+3 with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate, making it eligible for admission.
Ques: Can a student take admission in two different courses or the same courses in other colleges after the declaration of a cut-off?
Ans: Students cannot be admitted simultaneously to two different colleges or the same courses in other colleges. If a student does this, their admission will be canceled from both courses/colleges.
Ques: Do students have to fill out the form separately for applying to different colleges?
Ans: No. By completing the single online registration form, students become eligible for the different colleges of the University only if they satisfy the eligibility provision for admission to the particular course.