Coding Decoding 2
6) In a certain code, 'REACTION' is written as 'RAETCOIN'. How is 'BEAUTY' written in that code?
The first and last letter of the given word remains the same. The letters between these letters interchange their positions in a pair of two. So, following the same rule, B and Y will remain the same, and the EA becomes AE; UT becomes TU. So, the BEAUTY will be written as BAETUY in this code.
7) In a certain code 'LION' is written as LMGJ. How is 'MILK' written in that code?
The order of the words is reversed, and then each letter is moved two steps backward. The reverse of MILK is KLIM. On moving letters two steps backward, K becomes I; L becomes J; I becomes G and M becomes K.
8) In a certain code 'WRITER' is written as 'SFUJSX'. How is 'DOCTOR' written in that code?
The order of the words is reversed and then each letter is moved one step forward. The reverse of the DOCTOR is ROTCOD. On moving letters one step forward R becomes S; O becomes P; T becomes U; C becomes D; O becomes P, and D becomes E. So, the DOCTOR will be written as SPUDPE in that code.
9) In a certain code 'BILLION' is written as IBLLOIN. How is MILTON written in that code?
The letters are interchanged in each pair of the word. So, MI becomes IM; LT becomes TL and ON becomes NO. So, MILTON is written as IMTLNO in that code.
10) If every alternate letter from B onwards is written in small letters, whereas the other letters are written in capitals, how will the 3rd month from May be coded?
As per the question, the small letters are b,d,f,h,j,l,n,p,r,t,v,x,z. So, the third month from May, which is August, will be coded as AUGUSt.
Coding Decoding 1
Coding Decoding 3
Coding Decoding 4
Next TopicCoding Decoding 3