What is the full form of CPCT
CPCT: Computer Proficiency Certification Test.
CPCT Stands for Computer Proficiency Certification Test. It has been started in the State to evaluate applicants for government positions on their proficiency with computers and their typing abilities. Multi-choice questions (MCQ) and a typing test are used to evaluate competencies in computer-based online exams (English & Hindi Typing). Any Indian who is at least 18 years old and has completed their Higher Secondary exam may take the Computer Proficiency Certification Test. The exam results will be taken into consideration when candidates are hired for a variety of posts in State governments and agencies where computer literacy and keyboarding proficiency are prerequisites.
Importance Of Computer Proficiency Certification Test (CPCT)
By its order C, 3 - 15/ 2014/1/3 dated 26 February 2015, the Government of MP recognized the Computer Proficiency Certification Test (CPCT) as a requirement for all positions such as data entry operator, IT operator, assistant grade-3, steno, shorthand, typist, and other similar positions in different Government departments were having a working knowledge of computers and having the ability to type are prerequisites. In order to receive their score card, applicants for these government positions must take the CPCT assessment.
CPCT is divided into two sections:
- 75 questions in the Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) format from the designated syllabus
- English and Hindi typing tests for typing skill assessment
Test Time frame
The test will last about two hours (135 minutes) duration distributed as under
- 75 minutes for 75 Questions in Sections 1 - 6
- 05 Minutes Mock test for English typing test to understand
- 15 Minutes for the English typing test
- 10 Minutes Mock test for Hindi typing test to understand
- 15 Minutes for the Hindi typing test
- 15 Minutes for reading instructions and switchover between languages in typing tests
Minimum Required Score
- A skill must have a minimum qualifying score of 50%.
- The minimum required net speed for Hindi typing is 20 words per minute (NWPM)
- The minimum required net speed for English typing at 50% accuracy is 30 words per minute (NWPM)
- Proficiency in general IT skills, such as Networking, Internet, Email, and so on
- Comprehension Skills
- Mathematical/ Reasoning Skills and General Awareness
- Typing skills in English and Hindi languages
- Basic knowledge of Computer Operations.
- Familiarity with Computer Hardware and Software
Features Of Computer Proficiency Certification Test (CPCT)
- For Candidates
- Any Indian who is at least 18 years old and has completed the Higher Secondary test may register for and pay for the CPCT exam online using one of several payment channels.
- Support for applicants' voice and online helpdesks and their management of complaints
- The scorecard is valid for two years.
- Live updates on the website for the Admit Card, Handling of Objections, Score Card, etc.
- For Employers
- Online Scorecard Verification on the Portal
- Online Candidate Verification via Biometric Input
- Skill Suitability Matrix on the Score Card to Facilitate Selection in Line With Job Requirements
Fee Structure for Computer Proficiency Certification Test (CPCT)
- Only online registration and payment for the CPCT will be accepted.
- Registration and examination fees are 660 rupees. For students in all categories, including General, Obc, Sc, and St.
- Assessment of the following competencies is part of the Computer Proficiency Certification Test (CPCT)
- Basic familiarity with computer operations
- And understanding of computer hardware and software.
- A general understanding of IT, including networking, the internet, email, etc.
- English and Hindi language typing abilities.
- Understanding of reading.
- Reasoning and mathematical abilities.
- Awareness in general
Objectives Of Computer Proficiency Certification Test (CPCT)
The purpose of the CPCT is to create a fair, transparent, object-oriented, and scientifically created system to evaluate a candidate's relevant skills and abilities for use in recruiting processes for various government departments, boards, corporations, and other entities.