What is the full form of CPO
CPO: Central Police Organisation
CPO stands for Central Police Organization. It is also known as SSC CPO, as it is an exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of candidates for the post of Sub-inspector (SI) of Police. It is conducted at National Level to recruit SI for various organizations like ITBI, CRPF, BSI, Delhi Police, and more.
Exam Pattern: The SSC PCO 2019 Exam is conducted in different stages which are as follows:
- Paper I: It is a written exam of 200 marks with a duration of 2 hours. The subjects covered in this paper include General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- Paper-II: It is also a two-hour written exam of 200 marks. The subjects included in this exam are English Language and Comprehension.
- Physical Endurance Test: After passing the written exam, the candidates are qualified for a physical endurance test. Its difficulty level is different for male and female candidates as per their physical abilities:
The vacancies for SSC CPO 2019 are expected to be:
- SI (Male): 97
- SI (Female): 53
- SI (CAPF): 1073
SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria:
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Academic Qualification: The candidate must be a graduate in any stream from a recognized University in India.
- Age Limit: The minimum age required is 20 years, and the maximum age limit is 25 years. There is a relaxation in the age limit for ST/SC or OBC candidates.