What is the full form of CSS
CSS: Cascading Style Sheets
CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. It describes how Html elements should be displayed on screen. It is a powerful tool for web designers to change the design and control over web pages that how it should be displayed. It is supported by all browsers and is designed primarily to separate the document content from document presentation.
It was developed by W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) in 1996. Term cascading in CSS implies the fact that you can apply multiple style sheets to a single web page. Extension used to save CSS files is ".css".
CSS frameworks are pre defined libraries including:
- Cascade Framework
- A global style sheet can be used in CSS so that you can make some changes in the style without much difficulty and consuming less time.
- You may create one external style sheet and can use it for many web pages styling.
- You can attach a different style sheet to a web page by just changing one line.
The CSS syntax comprises a set of rules. The rule-set has 3 parts, a selector, a property and a value as shown below:
- h1 is the selector
- color and font-size are properties
- blue and 12px are values.
The part of syntax that contains the properties and values is known as Declaration Block.
Advantages of CSS
- Saves time: It allows you define a style for each HTML element. You can apply this style to as many web pages as you want.
- Easy maintenance: You can easily update document formatting and maintain consistency in multiple documents.
- Faster page loading: It allows multiple pages to share formatting that reduces file transfer size which helps pages load faster.
- Platform Independence: It offers platform independence and also supports the latest browsers.
- Multiple device compatibility: It allows you optimize content for more than one type of devices. You can present a HTML document in different viewing styles for different devices like computer, cell phone and printer.
- Superior styles to HTML: It has more presentation capabilities than HTML. It allows you enhance the look of your HTML pages better than using HTML presentational elements and attributes.