What is the full form of DGO in Medical
DGO: Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics
DGO stands for Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics. A diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics is an advanced degree in the field of medicine. This diploma degree is designed to prepare medical faculty specialising in Gynaecology and Obstetrics.
A Gynaecologist is a doctor who looks after women's reproductive health. An Obstetrician provides treatment to women during pregnancy and shortly after the birth of their child and are certified medical professional provides therapeutic medical treatment to women. They advise how to lose weight, keep oneself clean, feed well, and exercise regularly which helps to prevent diseases like cancer.
Students can pursue this course post-completion of their MBBS from a recognised university. The average course tuition in India costs between 10,000 and 5 lac rupees for a duration of two years. This course focuses on the following topics:
- Pregnancy complications
- Obstetrics pathology
- Obstetric procedures
- Obstetrical pathology
- Infant care
- Artificial feeding
- Premature child treatment
- The research study of surgical and clinical training
DGO Admission Requirements
The eligibility criteria for Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics course are:
- Candidates who want to pursue this course must possess an MBBS degree from a recognised college/university.
- Candidates must have an aggregate score of at least 50% or higher in the entrance exam.
- Admission choices are based primarily upon how the candidate performs in the entrance exams and then during the counselling process.
- Admission into this programme is mainly based on the entrance examinations like NEET PG and INI CET etc.
- The National Board of Examination governs the NEET PG exam online in the month of April.
- The Institute of National Importance's Combined Admission (INI CET) is a national online computer-based entrance exam that is administered by AIIMS Delhi for postgraduate study.
Admission Process for DGO
The steps to apply for entrance exam-based admission are as follows:
- In the first step, students need to create an account by entering basic details like email, contact information, personal details etc. Eligible candidates have to fill in all the necessary details.
- Step two is uploading documents in which the student has to scan and upload all required documentation like mark sheets, photographs and signatures.
- The third step is in which candidates must pay the application fees online.
- The fourth step is to download admit cards, made available once all applicants have been evaluated for eligibility. Students must keep a printed admit card ready for use at the time of examination.
- The final step is the counselling session in which the qualified students select their respective colleges according to the marks obtained.
Preparation for Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics Entrance Exams
- Students must acquire the necessary information from a reliable source, such as a website specially designed for learning and education, and understand the rules to be eligible for entrance exams.
- The students should focus mainly on their preparation and work on the topics and units considered to have a higher weightage in the entrance examination.
- One should practice mock tests regularly in order to achieve the right goals. One must give time to review, try again and improve performance in the mock test so that the final test result is better.
- Solving test questions from previous years would be quite helpful.
Jobs for DGO students are pretty similar to those for MBBS graduates. The DGO is a high-skill job because it examines the foetus and its development and eventually helps to bring it out of the mother's womb without much complexity. As a result, graduate students get very respectable jobs in this stream.
The job profiles that a graduate could get include the following:
- consultant in gynaecology
- Oncology and gynaecological expert
- Family Planning Consultant
- Medical Assistant
- Leading expert in infant health care
- Child health paediatrician
- A Senior gynaecologist
Top Institutes in India
- Dr MGR University, Chennai
- Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
- AIMS, Delhi
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- Johns Medical College, Bangalore
- Kolhapur's DY Patil Medical Institute
- Gurgaon's DPG Institute of Technology and Management
- Punjab RIMT University
- Tula's Institute, Dehradun Engineering and Management College
- Lucknow's Shri Ram Swaroop Memorial University
Top Recruiting Hospitals
- Apollo Hospitals
- Fortis Healthcare
- MAX Healthcare
- Indian Council of Medical Research
- Kailash Hospital
- Alchemist Hospitals
- Jaypee healthcare limited
- Medanta Hospital Private Limited
- Artemis Hospital
- Columbia Asia Hospital