Direction Sense Test 2
6) Manoj covered a distance of 50 m towards the North. He then turned to his left and walked 20 m. He again turned left and walked 60m. Finally, he turned to his right at an angle of 45°. In which direction is he moving finally?
The point T is towards South-West of the starting point P.
7) Geeta walks 20 m towards north then she walks 12 m towards the South. Now, she walks 6 m towards east. How far and in which direction is she from the starting point?
AC = 20 - 12 = 8 km
CD = 6 m
AD2 = 82 + 62
AD2 = 64 + 36
AD2 = 100
AD = 10 m
D is towards North-East of the starting point A.
8) Mohan is facing north-east. He turns 90 degrees in the anticlockwise direction then he turns 135 degrees in the clockwise direction. Which direction is Mohan facing now?
The image shows that Mohan is facing the East after he turns 135 degree in the clockwise direction.
9) Tom left for his office in his car. He travelled 5 km towards the North and then 10 km towards the East. He then travelled 3 km towards the South. Further, he turned to the West and travelled 2 km. Finally, he turned towards the South and travelled 2 km. How far and in which direction is he from the starting point?
A and F are in the same line, and F lies to the East of A.
Distance from the starting point = A F = BC - DE
AF = 10 - 2 = 8 km
So, Tom is 8 km East from the starting point A.
10) Deepak walked 20 m towards the South. Then he turned to his left and walked 15 m. He again turned to his left and walked 20 m. Finally, he turned to his right and walked 10m. How far and in which direction is he from the starting point?
The distance between Deepak and starting point = PT
PT = PS+ST
PT = 15m + 10 m
PT = 25 m
And, T is to the East of P.
Direction Sense Test 1
Direction Sense Test 3
Direction Sense Test 4