Direction Sense Test 3
11) Ramesh is driving towards the North. After travelling 2 km, he turns to his right and covers 5 km. Then he turns to his left and covers 2 km. Finally, he turns to his left and covers 5 km. How far is he from the starting point and in which direction he is driving?
The distance between the initial and final position of Ramesh = AE = AB+CD.
So, AE = 2+2 = 4 km and It is clear from the diagram that Ramesh is driving in the West direction.
12) Suresh walks 18 km from his house to the North. Then he turns towards the East and covers 12 km. He then turns towards the South and covers 6 km. Finally, he turns towards the West and covers 12 km. In which direction is he from his house?
It is clear from the diagram that finally Suresh is to the North of his house.
13) If North-East becomes North and North-West becomes the West. What will the East become?
It is clear from the diagram that the east becomes north-east.
14) Mahesh was standing facing a pole in the morning after sunrise. The shadow of the pole fell exactly to his left. Which direction is he facing?
Sun rises in the east in the morning. As the shadow of the pole falls to his left, so he is facing north.
15) Ram is facing north and turns 45 degrees in the clockwise direction and then again turns 180 degrees in the same direction and then turns 45 degrees in the anticlockwise direction. Find the direction he is facing now?
As per the image, in the beginning, Ram is facing in the direction OP. On turning 45 degrees clockwise, he is facing the direction OQ. Now again he moves 180 degrees clockwise and faces the direction OS. From this point, he turns 45 degrees anticlockwise. At this point, he is facing OR, which is the south direction.
Direction Sense Test 1
Direction Sense Test 2
Direction Sense Test 4