Direction Sense Test 4
16) Suresh left home and walked 5 km towards the south; turned right and walked 2.5 km and turned right and walked 5 km and turned left and cycled 5 km. How many kilometers will he have to walk to reach his home straight?
The image shows that to reach home straight, he has to cover a distance which is equal to the sum of ED + DA. DA = BC = 2.5
So, he will have to walk a distance of 5+2.5 = 7.5 km
17) Ramesh put his timepiece on the table in a way so that its minute hand points to south at 6 pm. What will be the direction of the hour hand at 9:15 pm?
After seeing the image, it is clear that at 9.15 pm, the hour hand will point towards the east.
18) Q is 50 m south-west of P. If R is 50 m south-east of P, the Q is in which direction of R?
From the image, it is clear that Q is in the west of R.
19) Tom started walking keeping his back toward the Sun. After walking for few meters, he turned left, and then turned right. In which direction, is he waking now?
From the image, it is clear that if he starts walking in the morning, he would be walking towards the west. If he starts walking in the evening, he would be walking towards the east.
20) In the morning, after sunrise, Ramesh and Suresh were talking to each other face to face at Rajnigandha crossing. If Suresh's shadow was exactly to the right of Ramesh, which direction Suresh was facing?
In the morning, Sun rises in the east, so shadow falls in the west. Since Suresh's shadow falls to the right-side of Ramesh, he is facing north.
Direction Sense Test 1
Direction Sense Test 2
Direction Sense Test 3