Let us understand what Facebook is before moving to Facebook Marketing!
Facebook is an online social media platform where you can invite and connect with your family and friends and send them messages, share pictures and like or comment on posts, pictures, etc. It was created by Mark Zuckerberg in 2004 while he was studying at Harvard University. In the beginning, it was only for the students of some specific colleges. Later by 2006, anyone 13 years or older could join it with a valid email address. In 2007, It introduced a Facebook Platform to allow developers to create applications on the network to enable users to interact by giving gifts, playing games, etc.
Facebook marketing refers to the use of Facebook for promoting and advertising a business, product or service. Facebook has various unique features or options for marketing or promoting a business. If you exploit these options effectively, you can improve your brand awareness and reach out to a wider audience. Some of its key features that can be used for online marketing are described below:
- Friend's List: It allows you to create and maintain a list of friends. You can add more people to your existing Friend's list by sending friend requests and can also remove a person from your list.
- Upload Photos: It allows you to upload photos and create a photo album that you can share with your family, friends and other people who are on your Facebook network.
- Online Chat: It offers an online platform for interactive online chat and allows you to comment on other's profile pages.
- Business Page: It allows you to create a business page or fan page to promote your business on Facebook. On this page, you can provide updates related to your business, products, etc.
- Facebook Group: You can create a group related to business and send invitations to people to join your group.
- Facebook Live: It allows you stream videos live through Facebook Live feature. You can stream your business events, conferences, etc., live through this feature.
- Facebook Insights: It allows you to see top posts of business pages of your competitors and thus you can easily monitor the content of your closest competitors and accordingly improve your Facebook business pages and strategies.
- Facebook History: It allows you to download your Facebook history for business analytics. You can review posts, photos and recover messages, chat conversations and more.