Features of Less
- Less is clean, compact, more readable code and written in a well organized way.
- Less supports cross-browser compatibility.
- Less is faster and easier.
- Less provides variables which makes its maintenance faster.
- Less provides nesting which makes the code short, clean and organized in a specific way
- Less facilitates you to define styles which can be reused throughout the code.
- Less is an extension of CSS. So it is also called super set of CSS.
- Less is capable enough to sort out the problem of code redundancy.
- Less provides @import rule so you can easily handle external files. Importing is required because many people split their stylesheet in multiple files, rather than putting it in one file.
- Less provides extend method to groups selectors that share the same style-rules. It makes Less clean and more organized.
- Less provides merging property. It is the most exciting feature of Less that accepts multiple values like transform, transition, and box-shadow.