How to Open Demat Account in Zerodha
What is Zerodha
At present, Zerodha is the stockbroker with the highest number of Demat account holders in India. In the past, it was just an offline process to open an account. The process of Zerodha Demat Online Account opening is getting easier as the digital revolution is taking place.
- Click here first to open an online form account, and then submit your ten-digit mobile number and verify OTP.
- Then Enter Your Name and Email-ID and submit. Verify OTP received through Email-ID.
Reasons that make Zerodha the Best Discount Stock Broker
- Biggest stockbroker in India: More than 3 million clients trust Zerodha and trade through the Zerodha trading platform.
- Segment Available: Futures and Options, Commodity derivatives, Currency derivatives, Stocks & IPOs, Direct mutual funds, Bonds and Govt. Securities
- Brokerage Charges: ₹ 20 or 0.03% for Intraday and F&O trades & ₹ 0 for Equity Delivery.
- Trading Platforms: Zerodha provides high-end, fast, and easy-to-use trading platforms.
- Hidden Charges: Zerodha shows complete transparency in charges and zero hidden charges.
- Customer Care: Zerodha offers the best customer care support.
What is Zerodha Account
Zerodha De mat Account is a discount broker who provides the facility of trading in the stock market. To perform these trades, you have to open a Demat account to store your securities (stocks and scrips) in a dematerialized (digital) form. Opening a Demat account, you have access to various trading platforms provided to you.
Invest and trade with Kite by Zerodha, India's largest retail stockbroker. Open an account now. https://zerodha.com/open-account?c=DC2031
Zerodha Account Opening Charges
- Online Account Opening: ₹ 200 for equity account opening and ₹ 300 for equity+commodity account opening.
- Offline Account Opening: ₹ 300 for equity account opening and ₹ 500 for equity+commodity account opening.
Zerodha Brokerage and other Charges
- Equity Intraday: Flat Rs. 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per executed order
- Equity Delivery: ₹ 0 (Free)
- Equity Future: ₹ 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per executed order.
- Equity Options: ₹ 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per executed order.
- Currency Future: ₹ 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per executed order.
- Currency Option: ₹ 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per executed order.
- Commodity: ₹ 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per executed order.
- Mutual Funds: ₹ 0 (Free)
- Call & Trade: Brokerage + ₹50 per order.
- RMS Auto-square-off: Brokerage + ₹50 per order.
- Contract Note: ₹20 per contract note (Physical copy) + Courier charges
How to Open Zerodha Demat Account
It is very easy to open an account in Zerodha. There are two ways you can open an account.
- Zerodha Online Account Opening
- Zerodha Offline Account Opening
Documents Required for Zerodha Account Opening
Documents required for online account opening process
- Pan card.
- Aadhaar Card (Mobile Number linked).
- Canceled cheque or Bank statement or Bank passbook (Bank Account Number, IFSC code, or MICR code necessary).
- A photo or scan copy of Signature (Use white paper for signature).
For Futures & Options, MCX Commodity, Income proof Required (Anyone)
- Income Tax Return.
- Bank statement-6 month
- Salary slip (latest)
- Demat holding statement
- Certificate of net-worth
Note: Before start, the Account opening process, keep all these documents ready. for the online process: a photo or scanned copy of the document is required for uploads
Steps To Open Zerodha Account Online
Its takes hardly 10 minutes to complete all process you need to follow step-by-step.
Step 1: Click the link ( Zerodha - Online stock trading at lowest prices from India's biggest stockbroker - Zerodha ) to open the Zerodha account signup form. OR Invest and trade with Kite by Zerodha, India's largest retail stockbroker. Open an account now. https://zerodha.com/open-account?c=DC2031
- Enter your mobile number, then click on continue.
Step 2: Verify Mobile OTP. Once you successfully enter your mobile number, you will receive OTP on Mobile.
Step 3: Enter Correct Email-id
Please submit the correct e-mail id and enter. After submission of e-mail id pls check your Inbox for OTP (E-mail id verification)
Step 4: Pan Card Number and Date of Birth
Step 5: Payment for Account Opening
If you required both equity + commodity accounts, then click on both options. Income proof required for Future & Options, Commodity trading.
Step 6: Aadhaar KYC (Digilocker)
After successful payment, you need to complete Aadhaar KYC (Digilocker) process.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number, then click Next
- After Aadhaar number submission, you will receive OTP on Mobile (Your mobile number linked with Aadhaar is mandatory)
- Once you verify your mobile OTP with the Aadhaar number, allow all the permission to Zerodha. Refer below image
Step 7: Complete Your Profile
Once you provide all permission to Zerodha for Digilocker access, your data like name, DOB, Gender, Email-id, Address & Pan number will fetch with profile form.
Step 8: Link your Demat account with your Bank Account
Keep ready your Bank name, Branch IFSC code, Branch MICR code, Bank account number.
Step 9: Photo Verification with Webcam
- Open your camera
- Write Digital code on White paper.
- Show your face to the camera with white paper.
- Ensure that code and your face visible
Step 10: Document Submission
- A photocopy or scanned copy is required.
- Canceled cheque (Your name required on the cheque) or bank statements (Account number and IFSC code shows)
- Income Proof (Only required for F&O and MCX trading). Not required for only buy and sell equity stocks.
- Signature on white paper.
- Pan card copy.
Step 11: Last Step (Esign for NSDL)
- Click on the E-sign button, as shown in the image below.
- When you click on the continue button, it will send the code and promp you to the next page. Here you have to check on the box to authorize the NSDL for details. Fill in your Aadhar card number to receive the OTP on the Linked number.
- Now, click on the Sign Now button to the Sign on your E-sign form, as shown in the image below.
- You will be redirected to the next step, where you have to check on the Equity to complete the entire step.
You have successfully open Zerodha Demat Online Account. You have to wait for 24 hours to receive login details and the welcome message for your Demat Account.