How to recover deleted message on Facebook
If we have deleted the Facebook message, we cannot retrieve these messages or chat. The Facebook messenger is integrated with Facebook, which has tons of options and functions. These options and functions are used on various devices through which there will be a chance to retain a copy of the deleted message of Facebook.
The Facebook Help Center says there is no method for restoring the Facebook messages or chats which have been deleted.
Let's discuss some of the possible ways through which we can restore the copy of our chat or messages:
1) Don't panic.
We will find out whether the message was actually irrevocably deleted or not. We will take another look at the messages by scrolling up and down the chat window. It may be possible that we have missed seeing the first message.
2) Ask the recipient of the message or chat to send us a copy of the conversation.
If we need the messages or chats which we have deleted, we can always ask the recipient with whom we have communicated, to send us a screenshot or a copy of our chat.
Note: The messages will not be deleted from the messenger of our conversation partner. The messages are kept in the recipient's conversation until they decide to remove them too.
3) Archived threads.
Archived threads are very helpful in restoring the chat on Facebook. We can either remove the chat or messages or archived them by clicking on the Archive option. This archive option will be visible in setting menu of the recipient chat.
We will go to the archived threads where we have a chance to see the chat we are looking for. To go to the archived threads:
4) Set up email notifications for messages.
There is another function on Facebook, which is very helpful in deleting messages. By using this function, we can find the removed messages or chat in our mailbox. We get a notification on our Email connected to our Facebook account.
This function will be found in the notification settings. The notification page contains an option, i.e., Email for adding Email to get a notification.
We have to make sure that along with other options, the function will also be enabled to receive All notifications except the ones you turn off.
By activating this option, we have 60% chances to find a copy of the message in our Email.
Backup Facebook chats and messages
Facebook messages are very important for those who are using it for business purposes. For this, there is a very good idea for back up our chats and avoiding any problems when deleting them by accident. For backing up our data:
1) Go to Facebook by clicking on the https://www.facebook.com/ link. After that, we will login to our Facebook account by using our Facebook id and password.
2) After login successfully, we will go to the Menu / Settings.
3) Next, we will go to the Facebook menu, and from there, we will choose either Your Facebook Information or Download Your Information.
We can download all our data or data of certain data ranges or types of data with the desired format in which we want to download.
4) This is the password-protected process, and the best thing is that only we can access it. After creating the file, we can download it and will be available for several days. We will uncheck all the data types and check the checkbox only for messages.
5) After checking messages, we will click on the Create File button to create a file that will contain our Facebook messages.
7) We will go to the mailbox of our Email connected to our Facebook account. We will check the notification message in the mailbox, informing us that the file is ready for download.
8) We will either follow the Available Files link or click on the Facebook notification. We will click on the "Download button" to download the message backup file to our computer.
9) The backup file is displayed in the form of an archive, with folders containing all chats and files. These files are those files which we have sent or received via Facebook Messenger.
10) The Inbox folder will be created containing folders with the names of people who we wrote to, or who wrote to us.
11) We will open the folder to find the chat files. We will click on the message.html file to open it in the browser.
Next TopicHow to remove tag on Facebook