Hyundai Alcazar 1.5 Turbo Petrol Review
The Hyundai Alcazar is a powerful and good-looking SUV offered and designed by Hyundai (a well-known car manufacturing company). This car is spacious and will provide extra comfort during the ride. The Hyundai Alcazar 1.5 Turbo Petrol variant features a 1.5-liter turbocharged petrol engine. Here are some key points to consider about this vehicle:
Basic Features of the Car
- Performance: The previous 2-liter engine (BS6 phase 2) has been discontinued and replaced by the 1.5-liter 4-cylinder turbo petrol engine. It delivers good power and torque, providing a balanced performance for daily driving. It is generally smooth and responsive, offering adequate acceleration and overtaking ability. It generates torque up to 253 NM; power can reach 158 HP. Two category transmissions are available. They are 6-speed MT and 7-speed DCT. The drive train is FWD (front-wheel drive).
- Drive Train: The combination of elements provides mechanical power from easily movable components to hardly moving components. In simple words, the drive train is the component that delivers power to rotate the wheels of a motor vehicle.
- Fuel Efficiency: Turbocharged engines balance performance and fuel efficiency well. However, the actual fuel efficiency of the Alcazar 1.5 Turbo Petrol may vary depending on driving conditions and personal driving habits. For example, it consumes more fuel in traffic and rough areas hence low mileage. On the other hand, it consumes less fuel on highways hence, high mileage. It gives an average mileage of 14.00 KM/L.
- Interior Space and Comfort: The Alcazar is designed to offer a spacious and comfortable cabin, especially with its three-row seating configuration. It provides ample legroom and headroom for both front and second-row passengers. The third row may be suitable for children or shorter adults. This SUV is available in both six and 7-seating capacities. Seats are adjustable and very comfortable, providing enough space for the driver and passengers. The dashboard is decorated with a premium leather look, and dual-tone brown with black colors is used for the dashboard and door panels. Ambient lights are there with 64 different color options. An expansive sunroof enhances the car's look.
The gear and screen panel are made with a black piano finish. Door shell metal plate, twin bottle holder door pocket. A touch screen fixed armrest is provided with an automatic air purifier. The touch screen of the armrest gives several options for controlling the air purifier. Ventilated seats are given that help keep your legs and body cool while driving. Three driving modes, sand, snow, and mud, are featured in the car, which can be controlled by a controller wheel near the gear handle. Three more modes, comfort, eco, and speed mode, help you to drive according to your mode. These modes can be changed by clicking the controller. Meter themes can also be changed manually and automatically. The premium finish on the steering and gear handle is there. High-quality parking cameras help you to see the outside from a 360-degree view. You can zoom in and out for a better view. The sensor's working is displayed in the speedometer. The front camera also works very well, which is turned 'ON' in D mode. A Sunglass holder is below the LED lights and buttons inside the car.
The driver and front seats both have beneficial back seat options. A food plate is on the back side of the seat, which passengers can use to keep their food. Once you get inside the last row of the car by folding one of the middle row seats, you will soon realize that the knee room is tight for someone with a good height. The headroom is delicate. Glass area is relatively larger. You have a blower control, USB charging sockets, air vents, and cup holders in the back seats. This place is best for short adults or children. Similarly, more than knee room is needed in the middle row's bench seats, although the sitting area is wide but not comfortable for taller ones.
- Features and Technology: Hyundai vehicles are known for their feature-rich interiors, and the Alcazar is no exception. It likely includes modern infotainment systems with touchscreen displays, Bluetooth and wifi connectivity options, smartphone integration, and a range of driver-assistance and safety features. Specific features may vary depending on the trim level and optional packages. A wireless charging option is also there. In the space provided for wireless charging, air blows continuously through several small holes which resist your phone from overheating. Because the phone gets heated on wireless charging, except this, many other features are also available that are much required by a customer. By hard-clicking the button, you can open the sunroof.
- Ride and Handling: The Alcazar aims to provide a comfortable and refined ride quality. Its suspension system is tuned to absorb bumps and road imperfections well, offering a smooth and stable driving experience. However, as with any SUV, the Alcazar's taller ride height may result in some body roll during cornering. Eighteen inches tyres with alloy wheels and disc brakes help maintain the right balance and alignment of the car even at high speed.
- Build Quality and Reliability: Hyundai is generally known for producing vehicles with good build quality and reliability. However, it is always recommended to research and read reviews from current owners or automotive publications to understand Alcazar's long-term reliability better.
- Body Design or Exterior: Under the body, an engine guard is provided that protects the engine from water and scratches. The Hyundai offers Various color options, like white, black, silver, red, and black. Even dual-tone colors are also there. Beautiful chrome grills are given, which integrate both headlamps. There is a camera under the Hyundai mark. Sensors are also present on the front side. 3 LED headlamp is there (with three elements of two high and one low beam). A fog lamp with a side indicator enhances the car's look. The car comes with a sunroof option. A footstep is given on both sides of the car with a chrome finish. This footstep is inconvenient as it tends to graze with your jeans, and you will likely get them dirty.
- Back Look of the Car: The back look is different from Creta, but the front look is very similar to it. Dark chrome finishing is given to the car from the backside. ALCAZAR is written with a light chrome finish. Two exhausts are present at the bottom back. An extra tyre is tied at the same position. The spoiler and antenna are fitted on the backside. A viper on the back shield is provided with a defogger.
- Boot Spac: Hyundai Alcazar provides a boot space of 180 L. Other cars like Toyota Innova Crysta or Hycross, Kia Carens, Mg Hector Plus, Tata Safari, and Mahindra XUV 700 give you a boot space of with 6 L, 155 L, and 73 L, respectively. Bose 8 speaker sound system is there. A lamp and a hook are also pros, providing ease. A tool kit is also present, with several tools that can be used in an emergency, like puncture, tyre change, etc. The back seats are foldable, which provides extra boot space.
- Safety Features: Traction control with its different modes, six high-quality airbags, all four-disc brakes, ARS with EBD, ESP, Hill start to assist, auto-dimming IRVM, Auto Headlamps, TPMS, Front Parking, Sensors, 360-degree Camera, Blind view monitor, ESC + traction control, and more such safety features are offered by Hyundai Alcazar. You will be immediately notified if any door of the car is open. It needs features like a heads-up unit and electric tailgate, and more importantly, it misses out on the A DASH feature.
- Blind Spot Safety Feature: Blind spot view lets you see outside the car in the direction you want to turn your car. For example, if you want to turn the car in the right direction. And for this, you must turn on the right indicator. When you turn ON the right indicator, the speedometer's right ring will show the right-side view of the car with the help of a camera under the right-side mirror. In the same way, if you want to turn the car in the left direction. And for this, you must turn on the left indicator. When you turn ON the left indicator, the speedometer's left ring will show the left-side view of the car with the help of the camera under the left-side mirror.
- Sound System: 4 BOSE speaker, two twitters, a sub-woofer, and one central speaker is present in the car at different positions. An amplifier also supports speakers in producing high bass and high-quality sound. The sound experience of the Hyundai Alcazar is outstanding.
Variants and On-Road Prices
Several variants of Alcazar are present in both 1.5 turbo petrol and 1.5 turbo diesel fuel type. You are given the option to choose a six or 7-seater.
1.5 Petrol MT [7 str] - RS 19.37 L
Diesel MT [7 str] - RS 21 L
2. Prestige (0)
Diesel AT [7 str] - RS 22.72 L
1.5 Petrol MT [7 str] - RS 21.55 L
Diesel MT [7 str] - RS 23.24 L
4. Platinum (0)
1.5 Petrol DCT [6 / 7 str] - RS 23.05 L
Diesel AT [6 / 7 str] - RS 24.53 L
Diesel MT [6 str] - RS 23.81 L
6. Signature (0)
1.5 Petrol DCT [6 / 7 str] - RS 23.38 L
1.5 Diesel AT [6 / 7 str] - RS 24.66 L
Road Price Comparison with Other SUVs
1. Alcazar Signature (0) [Top Model]
1.5 Petrol DCT [6 / 7 str] - RS 23.38 L
1.5 Diesel AT [6 / 7 str] - RS 24.66 L
2. Kia Carens - Luxury Plus [Top model]
1.5 Petrol iMT - Rs 20.14 L
1.5 Petrol DCT - Rs 21.20 L
1.5 Diesel iMT - Rs 21.14 L
1.5 Diesel AT - Rs 22.24 L
3. MG Hector Plus - Smart [Base Model]
1.5 Petrol MT - Rs 20.77 L
2.0 Diesel MT - Rs 24.77 L
4. Toyota Innova Crysta - G [Base Model]
2.4 Diesel MT - Rs 22.84 L
5. Toyota Innova Hycross - GX [2nd Model]
2.0 Petrol CVT - Rs 22.60 L
6. Tata Safari XT Plus [4th Model]
2.0 Diesel MT - Rs 23.43 L
2.0 Diesel AT - Rs 24.96 L
7. Mahindra XUV700 - AX5 7 STR [2nd Top Model]
2.0 Petrol MT - Rs 21.02 L
2.2 Diesel MT - Rs 22.43 L
2.2 Diesel AT - Rs 24.54 L
Length of 4500 mm, width of 1790 mm, height of 1675 mm, wheelbase of 2760 mm, boot space of 180 L, fuel tank capacity of 50 L, and ground clearance of 200 mm. The other features and specifications of the Hyundai Alcazar make it a perfect SUV. Auto LED headlamps, 18 inches alloys, 10.25 inches digital instrument cluster, 10.25-inch touchscreen, Bose Speakers, Apple Car Play / Android Auto, ambient lighting, panoramic sunroof, paddle shifters, electric parking brake, ventilated front seats, wireless charging.
Advanced Keys and Connectivity
Advanced keys are provided, which can help you start, turn on, and off the car, lock and unlock door handles, etc. You can connect and start the car even with your smartwatch and smartphone. Features like vehicle data, vehicle information, remote vehicle status, remote air purifier ON, auto DTC check (diagnose), remote fuel level information, fully automatic climate control system, etc. USB charger and bolt with a multi-charger socket are present above wireless phone charging. 10.25 inches infotainment system is there, which contains several unique features like a phone, auto healthy air, radio, built navigation system, voice memo, map, media, favorites, etc.
The ride and handling of the car are very well-behaved and reasonable control. It is not as comfy or as plush as MG Hector. But unlike the Hector, there are no pitching or vertical movements at higher speeds when going on the highway. The perforated leather steering with button control gives the car a premium interior lookand allows the driver to control music, phone calls, etc. It feels nice to hold and exudes a friendly, sporty vibe. At first impression, Alcazar looks like a Creta. Hyundai has stuck to its 3D chrome-finished logo instead of the 2D satin-finished logo, which we have seen in modern Hyundai like Verna.
Hyundai Alcazar offers almost everything buyers are looking for. Then there is the fact that the top models are much more affordable than the competition making it a value-for-money proposition. And the 1.5 L 4-cylinder turbo petrol engine makes the Alcazar a much spicier package than it already was. Most importantly, the advanced features of Alcazar made it possible for Hyundai to compete in the race for top SUVs in India. Customers can switch to different car versions according to their budget and requirements.