What is the full form of IMA
1) IMA: Indian Military Academy
2) IMA: Indian Medical Association
IMA stands for Indian Military Academy. It is a highly reputed officer training academy of Indian Army. Its Motto is "Valor and Wisdom". As of September 4, 2017, Lieutenant General Sanjay Kumar Jha is the Commandant of IMA.
IMA is located in the foothills of Himalayas, on National Highway 72, around 8km west of Dehradun, Uttarakhand. The academy is spread over 1400 acres of land. It trains only male candidates; transforms them into army officers. It not only trains the candidates for the battlefield but also provides athletic facilities to groom the future army officers.
IMA was established in 1932. Its first batch had 40 Gentlemen Cadets as trainees. These cadets were known as "PIONEERS". The first Commandant of IMA was Brigadier L.P. Collins, DSO, OBE. A trainee officer in IMA is referred to as a gentleman cadet; this may be due to the reason that the academy expects its trainee should adopt highest moral and ethical values.
How to Join IMA
The common exams through which you can join IMA are given below;
1) NDA Exam: A candidate, who has passed the 12th class with PCM, is eligible to appear in NDA. Only the male candidates are eligible for this exams and the age limit is 16.5 to 19 years. After clearing the NDA exam, the candidates undergo 3-year training at NDA Khadakwasla and after that 1-year training at IMA.
2) CDSE Exam: A male graduate who has cleared the CDSE and the subsequent stages (SSB and Medical Fitness) can join the IMA.
3) Technical Graduate Course (TGC): The students who are in the final year or have completed BE/BTech in the required subjects can Join IMA through Technical Graduate Course.
Physical Standards to Join IMA
Some of the general physical requirements to Join IMA are as follows
IMA stands for Indian Medical Association. It is a voluntary organization of Doctors of Modern Scientific System of Medicine in India. It is registered under the Society Act of India. Its main job is to look after the interests of doctors and welfare of the society.Dr. K K Aggarwal is the National President of the Indian Medical Association, 2016-17.
IMA was established in 1928 as All India Medical Association. It was renamed Indian Medical Association in 1930. In 1966, it hosted the third World Conference on Medical Education in New Delhi.
Today, it is a well established and reputed organization; headquartered in New Delhi and branches in all states and union territories of India. More than 2, 15,000 doctors are members of IMA.