Internet explorer shortcut keys
In this article, you will learn about the different shortcut keys of Internet explorer. Shortcut keys can be utilized in many aspects. Some of them are as follows:
for viewing and researching websites :
- F1 : It is used to show the Internet Explorer Help or, if in a dialogue box, show the item's context help.
- F11 : It is used to switch between the standard view of the browser window and full-screen mode.
- TAB : Navigate around the web page's elements, including the Address bar and the Links bar.
- SHIFT+TAB : The Address bar, Links bar, and things on a Web page can all be navigated back through.
- ALT+HOME : It navigates to your home page.
- ALT+RIGHT ARROW : Visit the following page.
- ALT+LEFT ARROW or BACKSPACE : It navigates to the previous page.
- SHIFT+F10 : It is used to make a link's shortcut menu visible.
- CONTROL+TAB or F6 : It is used to advance the action between frames.
- SHIFT+CONTROL+TAB : It is used to go back between frames.
- UP ARROW : To start a document, scroll to the top.
- DOWN ARROW : A document should be scrolled to the finish.
- PAGE UP : Larger steps should be taken when scrolling near the start of a document.
- PAGE DOWN : greater steps when scrolling toward the end of a document
- HOME : Go back to the document's start
- END : Advance a document to the end
- CONTROL+F : look for on this page
- F5 or CONTROL+R : Only if there is a discrepancy between the time stamps of the Web version and your locally stored version should you refresh the current Web page.
- CONTROL+F5 : Even if the time stamps for the Web version and the one you have locally stored match, you should still reload the current Web page.
- ESCAPE : It is used to put a stop to page downloads.
- CONTROL+O or CONTROL+L : Change your location
- CONTROL+N : Open a new tab.
- CONTROL+W : Close the active window.
- CONTROL+S : Save this page now.
- CONTROL+P : Print the currently active frame or page
- ENTER : It is used to activate the chosen link
- CONTROL+E : Launch the Explorer search bar.
- CONTROL+I : Launch the Favorites tab in Explorer.
- CONTROL+H : It is used to click History in the Explorer bar.
- CONTROL+click : It is used to open many folders in the History or Favorites bars.
Utilizing the Address bar
- F4 : Show the history of the address bar
- CONTROL+LEFT ARROW : Place the cursor to the left of the next logical break (. or /) in the Address bar.
- CONTROL+RIGHT ARROW : The next logical break (. or /) can be found by moving the cursor right in the Address bar.
- CONTROL+ENTER : The text entered into the Address bar needs to have "www." at the start and ".com" at the finish.
- UP ARROW : Go through the list of AutoComplete matches in reverse order.
- DOWN ARROW : Review the list of AutoComplete matches once more.
working with favourites
- CONTROL+D : It is used to include the existing page in your favourites.
- CONTROL+B : The Organize Favorites dialogue box should be opened.
- ALT+UP ARROW : The Organize Favorites dialogue box allows you to move the selected item up the Favorites list.
- ALT+DOWN ARROW : The Organize Favorites dialogue box allows you to move the selected item lower in the favourites list.
The zooming shortcuts listed below are described.
- Ctrl+Plus Sign : It is used to boost zoom by 10%
- Ctrl+Minus Sign : It is used to 10% lessening of the zoom
- Ctrl+0 : 100% zoom
The search shortcuts described below are.
- Ctrl+E : Access the search bar.
- Alt+Enter : Your search will be launched in a new tab.
- Ctrl+Down Arrow : Launch the provider search menu.
Shortcuts that are utilized when working with tabs are described below.
- Ctrl+click : Open links in a background new tab
- Ctrl+Shift+click : Start a new tab in the forefront and open links.
- Ctrl+T : Open a fresh tab in the current window.
- Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+Shift+Tab : Change between tabs
- Ctrl+W : It is used to close the active tab (or the current window if tabbed browsing is disabled)
- Alt+Enter : It is used to launch a fresh tab in the foreground from the Address bar.
- Ctrl+n (where n is a number between 1 and 8) : Go to a particular tab number
- Ctrl+9 :Go to the most recent tab
- Ctrl+Alt+F4 : It is used to shut all other tabs
- Ctrl+Q : It is used to turn on or off Quick Tabs (thumbnail view)