The University of Jammu aspires to achieve top-tier quality in research, teaching, and information transfer while also making significant contributions to the socioeconomic growth of the area and nation. In the fields of Science, Arts, Management, Computer Application, Law, Education, and Commerce, Jammu University provides undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral courses. The University offers U.G. programs, including B.A., B.Com, B.P.Ed, BBA, and B.A. LLB, LLB, and B.Lib.Sc. Students must complete the 10+2 level from a recognized board with an overall grade point average of 50% to be eligible for U.G. courses. The institution provides several P.G. degrees, including the M.A., M.Sc., LLM, M.Com., M.P.Ed., MCA, and MBA. Students must hold a graduation degree in the pertinent topic from a recognized university with a minimal percentile to be eligible for a postgraduate course. Admission to Jammu University's undergraduate and graduate programs is based on a qualifying JUET score. Additionally, the institution accepts CAT, MAT, and CMAT scores for enrollment in MBA programs. At the Ph.D. and M.Phil levels, a variety of specializations are offered, including Urdu, Economics, Physics, Electronics, and Library & Information Science. To be eligible for any doctorate studies, students must hold a Master's degree in the relevant subjects. The University'sUniversity's entrance exam score will determine who is selected.
The institution provides P.G. Diploma & PGDM programs in various fields, including Accounting & Finance, Computer Applications, Business Management, etc., in addition to U.G., P.G., and Doctoral programs. To be eligible for any of these courses, students must have graduated from an accredited university. The JUET score will be used to make the selection. Students must visit the official website to submit an online application if they wish to enroll in any subject at the University of Jammu.
Following the former University of Jammu and Kashmir division, the University of Jammu, certified as an "A+" Grade University by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council of India, was established in 1969 under the Kashmir and Jammu Universities Act 1969. The UniversityUniversity offers education in the academic fields that it sees suitable, and it also provides for research, the expansion of knowledge, and its transmission. With the sacred peaks of the Trikuta Hills as its background, the University symbolizes life's spiritual and material aspects, the yearning for knowledge, and morality.
The University of Jammu administers exams, confers degrees, creates understanding, and bestows a variety of academic distinctions on individuals who pursue recognized educational programs at the University or in its constituent colleges or institutions as on candidates who apply as external or private candidates. Additionally, it awards honorary degrees or other honors to people of extraordinary ability. Colleges and other institutions are also admitted, maintained, acknowledged, and affiliated with the University. It is primarily a research, teaching, affiliating, and evaluating organization dedicated to advancing the arts, sciences, and other fields of study. With the primary purpose of bringing people from darkness to light, the University is accessible to individuals of all classes and creeds.
Admission to the University of Jammu
At the U.G. level, Jammu University offers some courses. All of the systems are offered full-time for three years. The University provides undergraduate programs in B.A., B.Com, B.P.Ed, BBA, and B.A. LLB, LLB, and B.Lib.Sc. Students must complete the 10+2 grade with a cumulative grade point average of 50% from an approved board to be admitted to an undergraduate program. Students must have graduated in any stream from an accredited university with 45% overall to enroll in the LLB program. Students must take the JUET to be admitted and score well enough to be chosen. The U.G. program's specializations are shown in tabular format:
U.G. Eligibility at the University of Jammu
- Students must have received 50% of their possible points from a recognized board at the 10+2 level to be eligible for any U.G. program.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree in any track with a cumulative GPA of 45% from an accredited university to be eligible for an LLB course.
U.G. Selection Process at the University of Jammu
- Candidates must participate in JUET and have a qualifying score to be chosen.
University of Jammu Postgraduate Admission
At the P.G. level, Jammu University offers several courses in various subjects. The list of available courses includes MBA, MCA, M.A., M.Com, and M.Sc. For three years, these courses are all taught on a full-time campus. The college needs a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline and a cumulative GPA of 45% for admission to a graduate program. Candidates must score at least 25% on the JUET test to be chosen for a P.G. curriculum. The college will accept CAT, MAT, or CMAT results for an MBA program. Some of the P.G. courses' specialties are listed below:
||Environmental Science, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Geography, Zoology, Chemistry, Botany
||Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Development
||History, Sociology, Education, Political Science, Economics, English, Psychology, Music, Hindi, Urdu
||Hospitality Management, International Business & General, Tourism &
P.G. Eligibility at the University of Jammu
- Students must have completed a bachelor's degree in appropriate disciplines to be eligible for M.A., M.Sc., and M.P.Ed. Courses.
- Candidates for M.Com. Programs must have completed their undergraduate degrees with an overall average of 55%.
- Students must complete their BBM and B.Ed degrees with a minimum cumulative GPA of 50% to be eligible for MBM and M.Ed.
Postgraduate Selection for the University of Jammu
- The program will be based on JUET results. At JUET, students must have an overall score of at least 25%.
- Students must achieve or surpass the minimal cut-off scores of the CAT/MAT/CMAT to be chosen for admission to an MBA program.
Ph.D. and M.Phil Admission at the University of Jammu
In addition to various research-level specialties, Jammu University offers Ph.D. and M.Phil programs in history, business, chemistry, biotechnology, mathematics, and other subjects. To be eligible for any Ph.D. programs, students must have earned a postgraduate degree in the same field from an accredited university with an overall average of 55%. The basis for selection will be the JUET-obtained merit. Here are some examples of course specializations:
||Mathematics, English, Statistics, Education, Chemistry, Hindi, Economics, History, Biotechnology, and Statistics
||Electronics, Geology, Statistics, Hospitality Management, Biotechnology, Sanskrit, Travel & Tourism and Commerce, Law, Zoology, Library & Information Science
Qualifications for Ph.D. & M.Phil at the University of Jammu.
- To be eligible for a Ph.D. or M.Phil program, applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 55% from a recognized university.
Jammu University Ph.D. & M.Phil Selection Process.
- The selection process would be based on the outcomes of the University's entrance test. An applicant must get 50% of the potential points to be selected for an M.Phil. or Ph.D. program.
Admission for P.G. Diplomas at the University of Jammu.
The University offers a P.G. Diploma program in addition to Undergraduate, Graduate, and Doctoral programs. Students who want to enrol in any P.G. Diploma program must have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution. JUET results will be taken into consideration while granting admission. There are several specializations of the course available. The following is a list of the P.G. Diploma specializations:
||Accounting & Finance, Computer Applications, Human Rights & Duties Education, Bioinformatics
||Business Management, Marketing & Sales Management
Eligibility for P.G. Diploma at the University of Jammu.
- To enroll in a P.G. Diploma program, students must have a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from an institution of higher learning that is approved.
Selection for P.G. Diploma at the University of Jammu
- The JUET score will be used to determine the process selection.
Admissions Process for the University of Jammu
To apply online for any course at Jammu University, students must go to the official website. They ought to get a qualifying score on the JUET. The procedures for applying to Jammu University are as follows:
- Candidates must go to the University of Jammu's official website to register for JUET.
- Students must log in, fill out the application, and pay the application fee with a challan at the closest Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd. branch to obtain the JUET application form.
- The fee to register for JUET is INR 700 for General categories and INR 600 for SC/ST categories.
- Download the application form, fill it out, and mail it to the University of Jammu's Department of Education with the required documentation.
- After reviewing the application, the authorities will compile a merit list that will be posted online for public viewing.
- Selection candidates are advised to meet with the admissions committee during JUET counseling.
Vision and Mission of the University
- The University of Jammu aspires to be a premier school of higher learning.
- Continually adapts knowledge development and application to the ever-changing societal conditions.
- Helps build a good society that prioritizes students and fosters creativity, respect for human dignity, and equality.
- It is to educate pupils holistically so they can handle the demands of a worldwide environment.
- To transform into a cutting-edge knowledge institution that can handle the knowledge challenges of the twenty-first century and aid Jammu and Kashmir in becoming a peaceful and prosperous state with balanced socio-cultural and economic progress from the dark to the light.
Facilities at Jammu University
- The Laboratory Nursery School and Day Care Center: Offers services like Preschool Education, Daycare, Crèche, Parent/Family Counseling, and Referral Facilities to the children of Jammu University workers and foreigners. The Center is entirely air-conditioned. Additionally, it makes it easier for the Department's research researchers and M.Sc (H.D.) students to pursue their academic and research goals. This lab contains playthings for indoor and outdoor play, literature, and audiovisual materials (T.V. Music Systems, DVD). To provide high-quality early care and education, 50 children between 6 months and six years are awarded admission.
- Specialized Labs: The Department was well-equipped with a psychological testing lab with 158 tests and standardized scales. The following tests were available in this lab: anthropometric tests, projective tests, aptitude tests, tests of creativity, rating scales, and I.Q. tests. Five specialized Research Centers have now been built, and the psychological testing lab has been expanded:
- Developmental Stimulation Laboratory: A child's growth throughout life is significantly influenced by the early years of their existence. Through practice, publications, presentations, and partnerships, the use of laboratories will help young children at risk for developmental delays improve on a variety of life outcomes, achieve significant gains in child well-being, increase school readiness, and enhance the effectiveness of early education. These improvements will benefit the field of early childhood. The practicum is also carried out at the Development Stimulation Laboratory to educate the students on the value of development stimulation for well-being and lifelong learning.
- Screening and Assessment Laboratory: The lab is equipped to monitor changes in the physical, motor, cognitive, intellectual, socioemotional, and perceptual domains. Specialized psychological examinations can screen and assess children with developmental abnormalities and disabilities. The Department's research scientists and students receive training in psychometric methods to evaluate preschoolers' and young children's developmental status. The facilities at this laboratory were built with funding from the DST PURSE-I & II phase grant program and the RUSA Phase I grant program.
- Health and Well-Being Laboratory: This lab's goal is to evaluate people's health and well-being using various assessment techniques, such as anthropometric measurements and software for evaluating nutrition and health across the life span, focusing on vulnerable populations like children, women, the elderly, those who have experienced conflict, etc. Health and well-being training, interventions, and courses will be arranged with specialists.
- Outreach Laboratory: Human development is dedicated to improving the well-being of diverse people and families across the lifespan through research, teaching, and professional practices. The fundamental goal of human development is to overcome underdevelopment and promote holistic development with the extension activities of outreach. Through outreach programs, students who study human development can have the chance to learn firsthand knowledge about a variety of topics relating to growth and development and can contribute to the community's overall well-being.
- Parenting and Family Research Laboratory: In the realm of child development, parenting is crucial at various developmental stages. The lab's primary goals are to understand the factors that influence and the importance of family, parent-child, parent-adolescent, and other connections in action. Scientific understanding of how parents and children interact may be used to make interpretations that can enhance relationships and promote children's better mental, physical, social, and cognitive growth. Since the Government of India's Skill India initiative includes life skills, research and extension efforts in this area will help achieve that goal. The tools in this lab can be utilized to improve stakeholder learning opportunities.
- Departmental Library: The departmental library has 40 research journals and 3045 textbooks (12 International and 20 national); the volumes mainly deal with women's studies (280), psychology (297), children with special needs (182), and research methods (340). (170).
- Computer Lab: The Department's computer lab is equipped with all required equipment, including the SPSS and SYSTAT software packages, which may be used for teaching and research. The lab is furnished with modern scanning and printing equipment.
- Seminar Room: Sixty people may be seated in the seminar room, which is well-equipped for the Department. There are also audiovisual aids available, including an LCD projector, a smart board, a plasma T.V., and a P.A. system.