What is the full form of JBL
JBL: James Bullough Lansing
JBL stands for James Bullough Lansing. It is an American audio electronics company. It is named after its founder, James Bullough Lansing. It is one of most reputed brands in the audio industry. Its primary products are loudspeakers and related electronics. The company has two independent divisions, JBL Consumer and JBL Professional. JBL Consumer deals in audio equipment for the consumer market and JBL Professional deals in professional audio equipment which are required for the studio, tour sound, DJ, cinema markets etc. JBL is headquartered at Northridge, California in the United States.
Popular JBL Professional Products:
- JBL Mixers
- JBL Loudspeakers
- JBL Microphones
- JBL Wall Controllers
Popular JBL Consumer Products:
- Earphones with mic
- Wireless portable speakers
- James Bullough Lansing was born on 14 January 1902, in Macoupin County, Illinois, U.S.
- In 1927, Lansing Manufacturing Company was founded in Los Angeles
- In 1941, Altec Service Company acquired the Lansing Manufacturing Company.
- In 1946, Lansing left the Altec and founded a new company, James B. Lansing (JBL) Sound Inc.
- In 1949, James B. Lansing died and William Thomas became the new president of the company.
- In 1954, JBL introduced the 375 high-frequency compression driver and 075 UHF (Ultra High Frequency) ring radiator driver.
- In 1955, D-130 model is integrated into the amplifiers that allowed JBL to enter into professional music.
- In 1969, Sidney Harman acquired the JBL from William Thomas.
- In 1970, JBL entered the studio industry and ranked first in the US recording industry survey conducted by Billboard.
- In 1982, JBL introduced titanium in the high-frequency diaphragms.
- In 1991, JBL engineers created the first pro-audio speaker based on neodymium with Array Series.
- In 2000, it introduced the VerTec line Array system with Radiation Boundary Integrator.
- In 2006, it introduced VRX Constant-Curvature Line Array.
- In 2011, it developed the D2 Dual-Diaphragm Compression Driver.
- In 2012, it introduced M2 Studio Monitor with Image Control Waveguide, low-TCR voice-coil woofer and D2 driver.