Some of the most important features of JMeter are listed below:
- Open source application: JMeter is a free open source application which facilitatesusers or developers to use thesource code for developmentof other applications.
- User-friendly GUI: JMeter comes with simple and interactive GUI.
- Support various testing approach: JMeter supports various testing approach like Load Testing, Distributed Testing, and Functional Testing, etc.
- Platform independent: JMeter is written and developed using java, so it can run on any environment / workstation that accepts a Java virtual machine, for example - Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
- Support various server types: JMeter is highly extensible and capable to load the performance test in different server types:
Web: HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP,
Database: JDBC, LDAP, JMS, and
- Support multi-protocol: JMeter supports protocols such as HTTP, JDBC, LDAP, SOAP, JMS, and FTP.
- Simulation: JMeter can simulate multiple users by using virtual users or unique users in order to generate heavy load against web application under test.
- Framework: JMeter is a multi-threading framework which allows concurrent and simultaneous sampling of different functions by many or separate thread groups.
- Remote distributed testing: JMeter has Master-Slave concept for distributed testing where master will distribute tests among all slaves and slaves will execute scripts against your server.
- Test result visualization: Test results can be viewed in different formats like graph, table, tree, and report etc.