Using JOGL, you can provide various light effects to any type of object through coding. This effects makes the object visually better.
Following are some of the important light sources: -
- Ambient Lightning - It always give a particular color to an object.
- Diffuse Lightning - It scattered the light on an object from different angles.
- Specular Lightning - It simulates the bright spot of light on an object
JOGL Important Methods
These are some of the important methods used to provide light to an object: -
- glEnable() - Invoke this method to enable the light property for an object with the required argument as shown below :
- glDisable() - This method disables the light. By default, the property is disabled.
- glLightFV() - This is a method of GLLightingfunc interface and contains four light source parameters. These parameters are: -
- Light - It specifies a type of light.
- Pname - It specifies a source of light parameter.
- Param - This is used to specify the value passed in pname parameters.
- Source parameter - Pass the required light source parameter.
JOGL Lighting Example
In this example, we will rotate a triangle as we have done earlier. With each rotation you will notice that the color of triangle will also be changed.