Karim Benzema is a professional French football player who plays for his country's national team and other football club. At the moment, Karim Benzema divides his time between the Real Madrid football team in Spain and the France national group.
Karim Benzema is renowned for his ability to finish the game with triumph. Benzema joined Real Madrid in 2009 after being signed for €41 million. Numerous awards were won by Karim Benzema, including four La Liga championships, two Copa Del Rey crowns, four UEFA Champions League crowns, and many more.
His Early Life
France's Lyon was the place of birth of Karim Benzema on December 19, 1987. Before coming to Lyon in 1950, his grandfather, Da Lekhal Benzema, resided in the Algerian town of Tigzirt in Est Jalil, a city in the country's north. The parents of Karim are Muslims from Algeria. He has seven siblings that helped to raise Karim.
Lyon, one of France's biggest clubs, began to notice his skills. At his hometown team Braun Terillon SC, he began playing football when he was 8. He began playing at 16, and by the time he was 16, he had already scored 38 goals for Lyon in the National Championship.
Parents of Karim Benzema are Wahida Djebbara and Hafid Benzema. His mother's name is Wahida Djebbara, and her occupation is a homemaker. Karim Benzema's father is Hafid Benzema, a businessman. He has eight siblings. Nafissa, Laeticia, Lydia, Sofia, and Celia Benzema are his sisters. Grassy Benzema, Sabri Benzema, and Farid Benzema are his brothers' names.
Karim Benzema's Height, Weight, and Physical Status
Karim Benzema is 6 feet 2 inches tall and around 80 kg in weight. He has light brown hair and dark brown eyes, and the measurements of Karim Benzema's chest, waist, and biceps are 42 inches across, 33 inches around, and 15 inches high, respectively. Karim has a thin frame and prefers eating healthily to keep in shape. He has oddly sized shoes.
Karim Benzema's Wife, Marriage, & Children
Cora Gauthier is a well-known Martinican businesswoman, fashion blogger, Instagram star, and French model. Cora Gauthier is married to French star Karim Benzema, and they are adored as the couple They first got to know each other in Dubai in December 2015. Soon after their initial encounter, the pair started dating. Later, Cora relocated to Madrid with Karim and has been a major supporter of his private life.
The details of Cora Gauthier's private life are not public. Ibrahim Benzema was born to her on May 5, 2017, and he is her first child. Melia is Benzema's child from a previous relationship. Cora also acts as Melia's stepmother. Presently, she and her family are enjoying a lovely life.
- He was admitted into Lyon's academy after joining the team and swiftly rose through the ranks of the young players. He scored 38 goals in the "Championnat National des 16 ans," a domestic French football championship for kids under 16.
- Before the 2004-2005 Ligue 1 season, he was promoted to the club's reserve squad for the "Championnat de France Amateur" amateur football league championship.
- On January 15, 2005, against "FC Metz," he entered the field for his first professional game. "Lyon" won 2-0 in the game. Benzema subsequently signed a professional deal for three years. That campaign saw the team win its fourth straight league championship.
- On December 6, 2005, during Lyon's 2-1 group-stage victory over the Norwegian club "Rosenborg," he made his "UEFA Champions League" debut. In this match, Benzema scored his first career goal.
- During Lyon's 4-0 win against Grenoble in the Coupe de France in January 2006, he recorded the first double of his professional career. On March 4 against "Ajaccio," he got his first professional league goal of the season.
- He agreed to a six-year contract with Real Madrid, a Spanish professional football team, on July 9, 2009. He made his club debut against the Irish team "Shamrock Rovers" on July 20 in Dublin during the rest of the squad's first pre-season friendly game. He gave the team its first goal in the same game, helping them to a 1-0 victory.
- Throughout the 2007-2008 campaign, he started as the striker. He contributed to Lyon's first-ever double by scoring six goals in six Coupe de France games, four in the Champions League and one in Coupe de la Ligue. On September 15 of that year, against "Metz," he scored a hat trick. The "Trophée du Meilleur Buteur" was given to him since he outscored every other player in the league by 20 goals.
- On March 13, 2008, he agreed to an extension of his contract with "Lyon," extending his employment through 2013 with an extra year's option. During that year, he was chosen for the "Team of the Year" and honored by the "UNFP" as "Ligue 1 Player of the Year." In 2008, the Italian publication "Guerin Sportivo" gave him the "Bravo Award."
- He scored twice in a friendly game for the "Santiago Bernabeu Trophy" on August 24, 2009, against the Norwegian club "Rosenborg." Real Madrid went on to win 4-0.
- On his league debut, he played against "Deportivo La Corua" on August 29, 2009. He participated in his debut Champions League game for "Real Madrid" on September 30 of the same year. In September 2009, Real Madrid defeated "Xerez" 5-0 thanks to his first league goal for the team.
- He achieved his first hat trick for the team against "Auxerre" during the 2010-2011 seasons. In the identical contest, "Real Madrid" scored 4-0. In the period of the Champions League, his first of three goals gave "Real Madrid" their 300th score. In Real Madrid's 8-0 Copa del Rey's victory over "Levante," he scored his second hat-trick for the team.
- On April 20, 2011, in the Mestalla Stadium, he participated in the Real Madrid squad that defeated Barcelona 1-0 in the Copa del Rey final. He made history on December 10, 2011, by scoring the game's quickest goal in just 21 seconds. He was selected "French Player of the Year" by "France Football" on December 13 of that year; he again received the honor in 2012 and 2014.
- On April 16, 2014, Real Madrid defeated Barcelona 2-1 in Valencia's "Mestalla," giving him his second "Copa del Rey" with the group.
- On August 6, 2014, "Real Madrid" announced that Benzema had signed a new five-year contract. The contract said that Benzema would remain with the team through 2019. He received the title "La Liga Player of the Month" in October of that same year.
- On September 20, 2017, he extended his contract with the team, keeping him there through 2021.
- A lot has happened thus far during Benzema's time with "Real Madrid." He played for the club team that captured "La Liga" titles in the 2011-2012 and 2016-2017 campaigns. He shared the club's "Supercopa de Espaa" victories in 2012 and 2017. Additionally, in the 2013-2014, 2015-2016, and 2016-2017 seasons, Benzema was a member of the club team that won the "UEFA Champions League." Benzema won the "UEFA Super Cup" and the "FIFA Club World Cup" in 2014, 2016, and 2017.
- His international career as a representative of France began at the "Under-17" level. He was a team member that won the 2004 "UEFA European Under-17 Championship" on May 15 by a 2-1 over Spain.
- His senior international debut occurred on March 28, 2007. At the "UEFA European Football Championship" in 2008 and 2012, he afterward represented France. He also participated in France's 2014 "FIFA World Cup" team. The squads for the "FIFA World Cup" in 2010 and the "UEFA European Championship" in 2016 did not include him, though. He has already received more than 80 caps.
Karim Benzema Net Worth
Mr. Karim Benzema is believed to have a $75 million net worth. A football players receive and earn most of their earnings and income through their games. Mr. Karim Benzema's brand value is likewise pretty high, and he is also the most well-known player worldwide. In addition to his salary from Real Madrid, his club team, he earns a sizeable sum from several national and international football championships. Additionally, he pays huge amounts of money to advertise several products.
Athletes' income is heavily influenced by their success on the field and the level of fan support. Karim Benzema is among the most well-liked and wealthy sports stars in Europe and other nations. Additionally, he has made investments in several real estate holdings. The net worth of Karim Benzema will thus surely increase over time, and we can be certain of that.
- Karim had already been named as an ambassador for the FIFA series by video game maker Electronic Arts.
- He has also agreed to sponsor agreements with companies including Hyundai, BuzzMobile, French bank LCL, and Bwin.
- Adidas hired Benzema as a brand ambassador in several TV ads.
Awards & Achievement
- French Player of the Year has been given to him three times. He scored 30 goals in his first season with Lyon in 2004-2005, which earned him player of the year honors.
- He was chosen for the National Union of Professional Footballers' Team of the Year for that season.
- He won the Coupe de France in 2007-08.
- He captured four Ligue 1 titles with Lyon in the seasons 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, and 2007-08.
- He was a Trophée des Champions winner in 2006 and 2007.
- In 2011-12, 2016-17, and 2019-2020, Real Madrid was the La Liga champion three times.
- The UEFA Champions League was won by Real Madrid four times: in 2013-14, 2015-16, 2016-17, and 2017-18.
- Madrid won four FIFA Club World Cups in 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- Winners of the UEFA Super Cup in 2014, 2016, and 2017.
- He was the UEFA Champions League's leading assist-maker from 2011 to 2013.
- He was recognized as a Ligue 1 player in 2007-08.
- He has played in 704 games and scored 343 goals in his career. He has also contributed 169 assists.
- Best French Active Player UNFP Trophies for 2019.
Karim Benzema Property and Cars
A high-end design firm that Karim Benzema purchased in 2015 is located in both France and India. The estimated value of this property in USD is USD 2.7 million.
Karim Benzema Car Collection: The estimated $10 million value of Karim Benzema's car collection. He has an extensive collection of cars.
- Rolls-Royce WraithBugatti Chiron
- Bugatti Veyron
- Mercedes-AMG G63
- Lamborghini Aventador
- Lamborghini Urus
- Ferrari 458 Spider
- McLaren 570
- Rolls-Royce Cullinan
- Lamborghini Huracan & Porsche 911
Karim Benzema Controversy
He fell afoul of the law twice. He was accused of "solicitation of a juvenile prostitute," an event first covered by French TV station "M6" on April 18, 2010. The trial is now taking place in the case. In a separate instance, the French police detained him on November 4, 2015, for trying to extort player Mathieu Valbuena, a French international.