What is the full form of KEI
KEI: Krishna Electricals Industries Limited
KEI stands for Krishna Electricals Industries Limited. It is a public limited company which is classified as Non-government Company and is registered with the Registrar of Companies, Gwalior. It is a leading company in wires and cables industry. It manufactures high and low tension cables (EHT, HT and LT), control and instrumentation cables, house wires, stainless steel wires etc. KEI bagged the Superbrand status for the year 2014-15. Its corporate office is in New Delhi and it has more than 30 branch offices across the country. As of October 2017, Anil Gupta is the Chairman & Managing Director of KEI.
- KEI was established as a partnership company in 1968 with Shri. BL Gupta, Shri D.N Gupta and Shri. S.S Agarwal as the partners. In the beginning, it was mainly engaged in the manufacturing of house wiring rubber cables.
- In 1985, it started manufacturing control, instrumentation and thermocouple cables.
- In December 1992, it became a public limited company.
- In 1993, it started manufacturing PVC/XLPE Power cables up to 3.3 KV.
- In 1994, it entered into Stainless Steel drawings with pilot plant to diversity its business activities.
- In 1995, it launched an IPO.
- In 1966, it established a SSW plant at Bhiwadi.
- 1n 1997, it installed one more plant at Bhiwadi to produce LT PVC/XLPE cables.
- In 2002, it installed JFTC Plant at Silvassa.
- In 2005, it upgraded the JFTC Plant and bagged order worth more than Rs 40 crores from various clients for the supply of cables.
- In 2006, it expanded its Bhiwadi plant to produce up to 33 KV HT XLPE Cables with Dry curing inert nitrogen gas and through triple extrusion process. In the same year, it introduced ERP BAN S/W system in the company.
- In 2007, it has established its new plant for manufacturing of HT and LT power cables at Chopanki near Bhiwadi. In 2008, it started the commercial production at this plant.
- In 2010, it entered into technical collaboration with M/s Brugg Kabel AG, Switzerland for a Technical Collaboration.
- In 2011, it entered into Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) sector by bagging order worth Rs 145 crore in the State of Madhya Pradesh.
- In 2012, KEI provided superior quality mining cables for varied industrial requirements.
- In 2013-14, it opened new offices in Singapore, Nigeria and Kazakhstan.
- In 2016, KEI extended its Technical Collaboration Agreement with M/s Brugg Kabel AG, Switzerland to manufacture Extra High Voltage (EHV) cables above 220 kV and up to 400kV.