Advantages of Less
- Less is a CSS preprocessor. After compilation, it generates simple CSS which works across the browsers.
- Less supports cross-browser compatibility.
- Less codes are simple, clean and well organized because the use of nesting.
- Maintenance in Less can be achieved faster because the use of variables.
- Less provides a list of operators which makes coding faster and time saving.
- Less facilitates you to reuse the whole classes easily by referencing them in your rule-set.
- Less is new and preferred over the conventional CSS because may ease the lengthy styling.
Disadvantages of Less
- You must have to spend some time to learn Less if you are new to CSS preprocessing.
- Less provides fewer frameworks as compared to older preprocessor like SASS which contains frameworks like Compass, Gravity and Susy.
- In Less, there is a tight coupling between modules so it takes more effort to reuse and/or test dependent modules.