List of Chinese Products in India
Chinese products are very popular in the Indian market, whether it is a mobile phone, laptop, mobile apps, lights, etc. The main reason behind the popularity of Chinese products is their cheap rate. However, under made in India scheme or due to some tension on the border, many Chinese products were boycotted as well as banned in India. Still, some products are so popular that, even after banning, they are used by the people.
India imports 14.37% of all its imports products from china. Here I am giving the list of products import from china.
List of Chinese products in India with details:
1. Electronics and electric products: The number of electronic products imported by China is very large. There are some brand and big Chinese company which electronic products are very popular like Haier, Lenovo, Huawei, Konka, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, ZTE, Tcl, Sva, Dji, Meizu, Skyworth, Boe, Changhong, Hisense,
The products of these companies are microphone, loudspeakers, headphones, television receivers, video recording device, parts of the electronics products as television, radio and radar equipment, electrical equipment for line telegraphy, transmission equipment for TV, cameras, cordless phone, electric transformers, static converters and inductors, diodes, transistors, mobile, laptop, parts of computers, cell phone charger, etc.
Name of some popular brands of Chinese mobile: OnePlus, Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi, Gionee, Huawei, Meizu, etc.
Name of some popular brands of Chinese laptops: Lenovo, Haier, Acer, Xiaomi-Mi Notebook, Lg-Gram, etc.
Name of some popular Chinese TV and LED: Haier, LETV, Xiaomi, Konka, Skyworth, Hisense, the creative life, etc.
2. Mobile apps: In Chinese products, Chinese apps are also very popular. However, most of the Chinese apps are banned in India, but still, people use that through VPN. Some popular Chinese apps are Tik-Tok, Likee, Camscan, WeChat, ClubFactory, UC Browser, Shareit, Shein, Bigo Live, Kwai, BeautyPlus, Helo, Xender, PUBG, Battle of Empire, Rise of Civilization, Mobile Legends, Mafia City, Kings of Avalon, Games of Sultan, AppLock, Vigo Live, Vmat, LivU, Dictionary, Turbo VPN, LiveMe, Alipay, etc.
3. Organic Chemicals: Names of some organic chemicals imported by china are: nucleic acids, antibiotics, heterocyclic compounds, carboxylic acids, unsaturated acyclic acids, amine-function compounds, nitrile-function compounds,
4. Toys: Chinese toys are very popular among Indian people due to their large verities and low price. Especially the remote controls toys are very popular and liked by the small kids. But due to its toxicity and its adverse impact on kids, the Indian government had banned the imports of toys for six months. About 80% of Indian toys are imported in which most of the toys are imported from China. Mostly the electronic toys in India are imported from China. Some Chinese toy names are talking dolls, plastic bicycles, electronic cars, doctors-set, fidget-spinners, and even some materials of Barbie dolls like hair imported from china. Actually, the other imported toys like Korean and European are expensive than Chinese toys. This is the main reason that Chinese toys attract more.
5. Lights & Decoration products: At the time of Diwali, Indian markets are full of Chinese products, especially varieties of Chinese lights and lanterns. They are so cheap that people can't stop themselves without purchasing some of them. For decoration purposes, Chinese lights and flowers are very popular in India. At the time of festivals, the Chinese paper lantern, also called the sky lantern, is also the centre of attraction for the people. There are different kinds of lanterns in the market like hanging, flying and floating. For lighting and decorating the house, various kinds of vex, candles, colorful lights are available in the market. Some decorative items are wall décor, flowers, flask, doorbell, sculpture, and various kinds of bone china items are available in the market.
6. Milk products: A Variety of milk products are imported from China. The products include infant formula milk powder, raw milk powder, liquid milk, cheese, chocolates etc.
7. Fertilizers: In fertilizers products, china is one of the biggest producers of fertilizers in the world. China produced 31% of the world's urea as well as 42% of the world's Di-ammonium phosphate (DAP). India imports a large number of fertilizers from China in which Di-ammonium phosphate, which is a soil nutrient, is bought by India on the largest scale in the world. India is also the largest importer of urea and DAP from china.
8. Chemicals: In chemicals products, India imports a variety of products from china like acyclic alcohols, acyclic hydrocarbons, heterocyclic compounds and hydrogen compounds. India also imports antibiotics, amino compounds, nucleic acids and pro-vitamins.
9. Optical and medical instruments: India imports 11% of medical equipment from China. It imports calorimeters, orthopaedic or fracture appliances, blood transfusion equipment, surgical bone saws, cannulae, dialysis equipment, endoscopes, baby incubators, stethoscopes, malaria diagnostic kits, pacemakers, etc. In optical instruments, India imports liquid crystal devices, lasers, etc., from China.
10. Nuclear machinery: From China, India import nuclear machinery, nuclear reactors, and boilers.
11. Agriculture and food: China is the major supplier of apple juice, garlic, canned mandarin oranges, fish and shrimp. India import fruits and vegetables, snacks foods, spices and tea from China. Some dangerous food from china is plastic rice, garlic, salt, chicken, soybeans, green pea's tilapia, and apple juice. Indian groceries are full of Chinese products like a variety of sauces, noodles, soups, etc. Apart from these, India also imports animal feeding, kidney beans, bamboos, wheat gluten, active yeast, and poppy seeds etc.
12. Furniture: Many furniture brands like Maiso, Beking, Lanbond, and Natleer have stores, which provide Chinese furniture. China furniture emporium provides branded imported furniture for living room, bedroom, dining room, and kid's room etc. people used to buy Chinese furniture online through Alibaba.
13. Tools and hardware products: There are a variety of tools and hardware products imported from china like abrasive & grinding, building hardware, cable tools, construction tools, diamond tools, drilling tools, hand tools, hardware accessories, home hardware, horticulture & gardening products, flower pot & planter, garden fencing, shears, lawnmower, chainsaw, hedge trimmer, rake, garden blower &vacuum, hoe, pickaxe, watering can brush cutter, earth auger gardening tool parts, garden sprinkler, garden hose, garden ornaments, hydraulic parts, lean pipe & pipe rack system, machine hardware, pipe fitting, pneumatic tools packaging, universal hardware parts, vehicle repair equipment & tools, welding & soldering supplies wheel & caster etc.
14. Medicine: However, India is a leader in the global market for generic drug formulation but, for (APIs) Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Intermediates, India is largely dependent upon china as it imports 70 % of these drugs from China. Intermediates are the chemical compounds that are used for making APIs, and APIs drugs are the raw materials that are used for making some important medicines like paracetamol, ofloxacin, ranitidine, amoxicillin, ciprofloxacin, metronidazole, ascorbic acid, ampicillin etc.
15. Household products: In India, there is some market like china market or china bazaar there we can get all the products used in our day to day life. It includes all the kitchen items, living room items, bedroom items, washroom items, cleaning items, clothing, cosmetics, jewellery, footwear, etc. Chinese bone china items are very popular. Whether it is a tea set or flask, or any other item, they are liked by the people.
Top five products imported from china
Apart from the above products, many more products are imported from china like Cars and motorcycles parts, Iron and steel, etc. The top five products of china imported by India include crude petroleum, integrated circuits, iron ore, petroleum gas, and cars.
The main reason behind the popularity of Chinese products
Even in India, in different cities, especially in metros, there are china markets and china towns where all kinds of Chinese products are available. Those markets are cheaper than other Indian markets, or there are more varieties than other markets that are the main reason for the popularity of china market.
Some best products of China
Plastics, clothes and textiles, motor vehicles, accessories and spare parts, electronic, smartphones components, smart TVs, pharmaceutical products, heavy machinery, organic fertilizers, and consumer products are some best products imports from China.
Some shopping websites of China
Some important websites on which we can find good Chinese products are Alibaba, Aliexpress, HKTDC, canton fair, global sources and made-in-china.
There are so many Chinese products that are boycotted, like FMCG products, toys, furnishing, fabrics, textiles, builder hardware, footwear, apparel, kitchen items, handbags, cosmetics, electrical and electronics, fashion apparel, Diwali and Holi items, among others. CAIT, the Confederation of All Indian Traders, announced the boycott of 3000 Chinese products. This boycott campaign is called Indian goods-our pride. The campaign was started on 10th June at the time of border tension, when 20 Indian soldiers were killed in Galwan valley of eastern Ladakh.
Overall, India depends on china for several products. However time to time, many products have been banned and boycotted, but for that time period, it may lead to the shortage of those products. But gradually, through the promotion of made in India products, the dependency of our country upon china is decreasing day by day.