Dr. M.G.R university in Tamil Naidu is a state university established in 1980 to fulfill the growing demand for medical institutions for U.G. (Under Graduate), PG (Post Graduate), and research-related activities. The M.G.R university Tamil Naidu received its assent from the President of India on 24th September 1987; the idea for M.G.R university came under the Tamil Naidu Medical university act, 1987.
The M.G.R university is approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI), the government of India sets the university, and all its funds come from the government of India. Admission to the different courses is made entirely online, and only candidates are allowed on the campus who clear the entrance exam that the university conducts and whose names are on the university's merit list. M.G.R university offers various courses in the medical stream, such as,
- M.G.R university offers a dental course to aspirants who want to advance in this field.
- University offers various courses under allied health science courses, such as
- Bachelor of optometry.
- B.sc in nutrition and dietetics.
- B.sc radio imaging technology.
- B.sc neuro physiology technology.
- B.sc in operation theatre technology.
- B.sc in cardiac care technology.
- M. Ch.
- M.G.S university also provides many diploma courses like B.D.S., B.S.M.S., MD, BUMS, B.H.M.S., B.N.Y.S.
- M.G.S university provides B. Pharmacy and M. Pharmacy, M. SC, M. Phil.
- The M.S.G university also offers a variety of courses in Indian Medicine and Homeopathy.
- M.S.G university provides various specialization courses in almost every system like in M. Sc Nursing, M.P.T, M.S, M.Ch.
- The M.S.G university provides various basic facilities such as Library, Hostel, Auditorium, and many more.
- The selection of the students in various courses is based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam conducted by the university, and the admission procedure for the Indian student and the international student is different as priority is given to the Indian citizens. The cut-off list for international students is other compared to Indian citizens.
Criteria for Indian Citizen
- Indian students have to visit the official web page of the M.G.R medical university.
- After visiting the Official web page of the university and clicking on the "Application, fill up the form".
- An Indian student must fill out the application form and register for the next stage, eligibility criteria.
- The willing candidate has to submit INR 1650 for the application and eligibility certificate; the fees will be forwarded to the university via online payment mode (U.P.I.) or fee challan.
Criteria for N.R.I. Student
- The N.R.I. (foreign) students must clear an entrance exam for admission to the university.
- The N.R.I. students willing to be admitted to the university must be of Indian origin or be born to Indian parents.
- The willing N.R.I. students must have an Indian passport.
- The fee structure for N.R.I. students is different compared to the Indian students; they must pay INR 10000 as application fees to their respective institutes.
- The payment method is through the demand draft that should be made in the name of the university's registrar.
Placements of M.G.R Medical University Tamil Naidu
As M.G.R medical university is a government university, there is no such promise of placement for the students. Still, some internship opportunity for the students is similar to the placement drive.
- The M.B.B.S students who have completed their C.R.B.I. and obtained an RMP member with the MCI and Tamil Naidu state medical council are eligible to work at the post of G.P. The candidates are informed from time to time. When the vacancies are available for the interested students, the candidate can directly contact the health centers regarding the vacancies for the G.P. post.
- After completing their course or upgrading their medical education, the senior or the P.G. (postgraduate) medical students are legally permitted to run their health care centers; they can also become legal, medical consultants.
- The P.G. (postgraduate) graduate students can also apply for the assistant professor post.
- The candidate pursuing a B. Sc degree and the P.G. Diploma after completing their course are recruited by the university per the institution's need.
- M.G.R university also offers many post-doctoral courses to students practicing in the university hospital.
The M.G.R university also offers a scholarship opportunity to the students; the criteria for the scholarship is the medical entrance exam that the N.A.T.A. conducts (National Testing Agency). The state government also offers scholarships to deserving students.
Facilities Provided by M.G.R University
- Hostel: The hostels of the M.G.R university are well maintained and adequately ventilated. The food served to the students is of good quality and hygienic, and as it is a south Indian dish, the menu card mainly comprises south Indian dishes.
- Library: The M.G.R university has a Virtual library which conventional libraries provide access to read books to students; moreover, it is a digital library which means it organizes all its data in an electric form, not paper.
- Canteen: The canteen facility of the M.G.R university is superb because it gives space to all the dishes on its menu card, the quality and the taste of the words are also excellent.
- Classroom: The M.G.R university provides a neat and clean, well-equipped, well-furnished, and well-ventilated classroom to the students.
The campus of M.G.R medical university is raging free, and also there are much anti raging help desks in the university to help the new students.