Matching Definitions 4
16) In the nick of time means just at the critical moment. Which of the following situations is the best example of the nick of time?
Catholics sometimes fast during Lent.
It refers to the process of combining beats or pulses in music to establish the rhythm of the music.
A child ran into the road in front of the car; the driver managed to stop just in time.
Nick's nephew needs books immediately.
The driver stops the car just in time or at the critical moment to save the child.
17) The meaning of "Ubiquitary" is one who exists everywhere. Which of the following situations is the best example of Ubiquitary?
Ubiquitary RNAses may damage nucleic acid under certain conditions.
Within ten years of completion, most of its passenger traffic was lost to the railways
Yesterday he was playing with the toy truck, but today we can't find it anywhere.
God is believed to be present everywhere.
All religions believe that God is present everywhere, in many places at the same time.
18) A person who is not very friendly is generally referred to as Cold Fish. Which of the following statements can be the best example of the Cold Fish?
The victims take the law into their own hands due to the indifferent attitude of the sheriff.
He is very friendly, but his wife does not show her emotions.
He sat without a word, seemingly indifferent to my presence.
Sensual gratification extends into the love of life.
Option B is the best example of the situation. The wife does not seem very friendly and tends to hide her emotions.
19) To enchant someone with something is to delight someone. Which of the following situations is the best example of enchanting?
Tony rock the crowd by his band.
Most tourists find Manali's atmosphere beautiful and completely mesmerizing.
Jennifer found the script so captivating that she chose this film to make her return to the silver screen.
Majority of his prominent supporters are disenchanted.
Jennifer was delighted after reading the script, so she chose this film to make her return to the silver screen.
20) It is called reentry when someone leaves his social system for certain duration and then returns to his or her social system. Which of the following situations is the best example of reentry?
Peter left his job as he is offered a better paying position in a new restaurant in another city.
Tom is spending his junior year of college studying abroad in Italy.
Smith is readjusting to civilian life after three years of overseas military service.
After several unhappy months, Julie decides to leave the rented apartment.
Smith is the only person in the given examples who has returned to the social system after spending an extended time overseas.
21) Call it a day is to quit work and go home. Which of the following situations given below is the best example of this idiom?
Rocky has perfect form throughout his Inning.
After playing together for ten years, the players finally decided to leave the team.
All athletes know the point where they have to finish the first lap.
The police called in Tony for interrogation.
The players in the option B decided to stop playing together as a team.
22) The definition of a wreck is something that has been destroyed or badly damaged or a person who is upset or in poor health. Which of the following situations is the best example of a wreck?
District authorities have closed cafes, tourists' spots, cinemas to empower the local economies.
The differences between their opinions are due to their differing conceptions of God and their relation to the world.
John is responsible for his 10-year-long relationship with Julie to fall apart and destroyed.
John's car hit the barricade, and its right headlight was damaged.
John relationship with Julie falls apart and destroyed, that would upset both Johan and Julie greatly.
Matching Definitions 1
Matching Definitions 2
Matching Definitions 3
Matching Definitions 5