Creating the First Collection
Collection in Postman means a group of API requests that you have already saved in the Postman. You can arrange these requests into folders.
Steps to Create the First Collection
- Enter the new request in the Request URL option, which is present in the Builder section.
- Click on the Save button, and then a new window will open, as shown in the image below.
- You can change the Request name, or by default, Request URL will be displayed as the Request name.
- You can also write the Request description as an optional step.
- Now go to create a collection option and write a name to your collection. I have named it First Collection, as you can see in the image above.
- Save your collection by clicking on the Save button.
- Now, after saving, you can see your collection in the sidebar under the Collection tab, as shown in the image below.
- Within a collection, any number of requests can be added.