Python program to print all pronic numbers between 1 and 100
The pronic number is a product of two consecutive integers of the form: n(n+1).
6 = 2(2+1)= n(n+1),
72 =8(8+1) = n(n+1)
Some pronic numbers are: 0, 2, 6, 12, 20, 30, 42, 56 etc.
In this program, we need to print all pronic numbers between 1 and 100 by following the algorithm as given below:
- STEP 1: isPronicNumber() determines whether a given number is the Pronic number or not.
- Define a boolean variable flag and set its value to false.
- Use for loop to iterate from 1 to given number and check whether i * (i + 1) is equal to the given number, for any value of i.
- If a match is found, then set the flag to true, break the loop and returns the value of the flag.
- STEP 2: To display all Pronic numbers between 1 and 100,
- Start a loop from 1 to 100, and make a call to isPronicNumber() method for each value from 1 to 100.
- If isPronicNumber() returns true which signifies that number is Pronic, then display that number.
Pronic numbers between 1 and 100:
2 6 12 20 30 42 56 72 90