React Native First Application Hello World
Let's build our first React Native application on Windows as development operating system and Android as target operating system.
Steps to create React Native application
1. First, you have to start your emulator (Android Emulator) and make it live.
2. Create a directory (ReactNative) in your any drive.
3. Open "Command Prompt" and go to your ReactNative directory.
4. Write a command react-native init FirstApp to initialize your app "FirstApp".
5. Go to your directory location "FirstApp" and run the command react-native run-android. It will start Node server and launch your application in virtual device emulator.
View Code of React Native Application
Code of default React Native first app.
Create a simple React Native "Hello World" application
Create a simple "Hello World" app by editing App.js file of FirstApp.
Save the application and reload by simply pressing twice "R" or Ctrl+M (Reload).
Edit simple React Native "Hello World" application
Edit React Native "Hello World" application using StyleSheet.
React Native Code Explanation