What is the full form of TPA
TPA: Third Party Administrator
TPA stands for Third Party Administrator. A TPA is the representative of the health insurance company. It works as an intermediary between the insurance company and the insured person. Its main job is to settle the cashless as well as reimbursement claims related to hospitalization and related medical expenses. It holds the license from Insurance Regulatory Development Authority (IRDA) to process the claims.
Benefits of TPA
TPA benefits both the insurer and the insured. Some of its key benefits are as follows:
- Greater efficiency/quality related to delivery of services
- Greater penetration of health insurance
- Streamline investigation avoids unnecessary delays
- Lower insurance premiums
- Handles all issues related to claim settlements
- Provides a 24/7 toll-free number
- Does not entertain the false claims and controls the possible frauds by private hospitals
Some Popular Health Insurance TPA
- Medi Assist India TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- United Healthcare Parekh TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Paramount Health Services & Insurance TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Heritage Health TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Focus Healthservices TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Medicare TPA Services (I) Pvt. Ltd.
- Raksha TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Vidal Health TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Park Mediclaim TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Good Health TPA Services Ltd.