What is the full form of UAE?
UAE: United Arab Emirates
UAE stands for the United Arab Emirates. It is a country in the Middle East, which is a federation of 7 emirates that includes Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm Al Quwain. Each of the emirates is governed by a ruler and one of the rulers also serves as the President of the United Arab Emirates.
UAE was established on 02 December 1971 when it declared its independence after completing treaties with Great Britain. Abu Dhabi is the capital city of UAE. The flag of the UAE contains red, white, green and black colours. It was adopted on 02 December 1971 and was designed by Abdullah Mohammed Al Maainah in 1971.
UAE's official language is Arabic and the official religion is Islam. The country is known for its oil reserves. Sheikh Zayed was the first ruler of UAE. He directed the development of the country and used oil revenues for the development of healthcare, infrastructure and education. The current president of UAE (as of 2020) is Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
Interesting facts about the UAE:
- Each of the seven emirates of UAE has a different culture and tradition.
- Each emirate is ruled by an independent royal family.
- UAE has no permanent rivers.
- The national symbol of UAE is falcon and its national animal is Arabian oryx, a medium-sized antelope.
- Dubai has the longest driverless metro system in the world. The world's tallest building the Burj Khalifa is also located in Dubai.
- Dubai is also known as the City of Gold. It also has the ATMs that dispense gold bars.
- The weather of the UAE remains hot and warm throughout the year. It lacks extreme winters.
- It has over 40 airports and well-connected road network.
- UAE is known for its oil reserves.
- It has no street names, zip codes, etc. landmarks are used to tell directions or travel to different places in the city.
- The largest artificial island in the world, the Palm Islands is located in Dubai.
- Tourism is a major industry in the UAE. Tens of thousands of tourists visit UAE every year.
- The terminal 3 of Dubai International Airport is believed to be the largest airport terminal in the world.
- Burj Al Arab, which is the first seven-star hotel in the world is also located in Dubai.