What is Framework7
Framework7 is a free and Open-source HTML framework for developing hybrid mobile apps or web apps for iOS and Android devices. It is one of a set of open-source libraries and solutions from iDangero.us authored by Vladimir Kharlampidi.
Framework7 can also be used with other frameworks like Angular, React etc. if desired.
Framework7 was introduced in the year 2014. The latest version 1.4.2 was released in February 2016 licensed under MIT.
Features of Framework7
- Open-source and free to use.
- Very easy to use and similar syntax to jQuery.
- Extremely fast. It has a built-in FastClick library.
- Responsive. It has built-in grid system layout to arrange elements responsively.
- Fully Dynamic. It loads pages from templates via flexible router api.
- Use native view.
- Page animation.
- High-performance animation.
- Clear JS API
- Built-in Helper libraries.
A list of advantages of Framework7:
- By using Framework7 you can easily develop apps for iOS and Android without learning it.
- Framework7 contains many pre-styled widgets/components.
- It has built-in helper libraries.
- Framework7 is not dependent on any third party library even for DOM manipulation. Instead, it has its own custom DOM7.
- You can easily use Framework7 with Angular and React frameworks.
- It supports faster development via Bower.
- Framework7 supports only platforms like iOS and Android.
- The online community support for Framework7 framework is less compared to iOS and Andriod.