JOGL Basic Frames
A Frame is a container that contains a title and a border. It can also contain various other components such as labels, buttons, checkbox etc.
Here, we will learn how to create a frame by using JOGL technology.
Following are the steps to create a frame: -
- Create a new Java project in eclipse and add all the required jar files in it. We have already discussed about it in the previous section.
- Create Java class and import the required packages.
- Now, implement GLEventListener interface and override its following methods: -
- void init(GLAutodrawableobj)
- void display(GLAutodrawableobj)
- void reshape(GLAutodrawableobj)
- void dispose(GLAutodrawableobj)
- Construct the object of GLProfile class and specify the exact version of OpenGL API.
- Construct the class GLCapabilities and pass the object of GLProfile class with it.
- Now, construct GLCanvas class and pass the object of GLCapabilities class with it.
- Now, use the method addGLEventListener() to add GLEventListener with an object of GLCanvas class.
- Set the size of canvas using setSize() method and pass the dimensions as parameter.
This is the basic structure used to create a frame. Now we will embed this part with the functionality of window tool kit.