SVG uses <filter> element to define filters. It is used to add special effects to SVG graphics.
The <filter> element uses an id attribute to uniquely identify it. SVG filters are not supported by Internet Explorer 9 and earlier versions.
SVG <feGaussianBlur> Filter
SVG uses the <feGaussianBlur> element to show the blur effect.
Test it Now
- The id attribute of <filter> defines a unique name for the pattern.
- <feGaussianBlur> element is used to define blur effect.
- The in="SourceGraphic" part of <feGaussianBlur> element is used to define that the effect is created for the entire element.
- The stdDeviation attribute is used to define the amount of the blur.
- The filter attribute of the <rect> element is used to link the element to the "p1" filter.