Difference between Blog and Vlog
The Blog and Vlog can be viewed as important marketing resources for corporations, businesses and individuals. Blogging and vlogging are now common forms of earning money by writing content or producing videos. The key difference between blog and vlog is that blog is similar to a website where we can get any subject's written content. On the other side, in a vlog, the video is posted on particular topics.
In this article, we are going to discuss the differences between a blog and Vlog. But firstly, we will know about the Blog and Vlog.
What is a Blog?
A blog is a website usually hosted on the internet. It may look like one of the many important communication and marketing tools. It could be run by people ranging from individuals to a group of individuals to a large-scale organization that advertises their goods and disseminate information. A blog can have features like a broad range of text, photographs, animated gifs, etc. The person who runs the blog is named "blogger", and "blogging" is an activity to post some meaningful information on the website.
What is Vlog?
Vlog Stands for Video log. The term "vlog" is originally derived from a blog. It can be a short to long-lasting video coverage on a variety of subjects like business promotions, current affairs, technology products, and many more. Vlog content is usually shot using high-end cameras, good-quality microphones, and camera equipment, and before posting it online, the content must be edited.
Main differences between Blog and Vlog
Here, we are going to discuss the main differences between the Blog and Vlog.
- The blog is used to write the content and text. Whereas, in the vlog, the content is in the form of videos.
- A blog is an older concept launched in the year 1990, and people started blogging in 2003. When it comes to the vlog, it began in 2000 and then in 2004, and it was widespread.
- The blog is supported by various platforms such as Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, blogger, and many more. In contrast, the Vlog is also supported by several platforms like Vimeo, Facebook, YouTube, and many more.
- Vlogging is often more costly because it needs different equipment, such as microphones, cameras and a complete setup. In contrast, blogging is not very expensive because it doesn't require any equipment. It requires only a computer.
- The number of visitors that visit the Blog and Vlog is not very precise, but the number of websites and blogs is much larger than the number of video channel platforms.
Key Difference between the Blog and Vlog
The various key differences between the Blog and Vlog are summarized in the below comparison chart:
||The blog is used to write content like text, gif, pictures, and many more.
||Vlog is used for Videos.
||Most of the time, blogs are hosted on Joomla, WordPress, Blogger, Drupal, and many more.
||Vlogs are hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, and many more.
||Blogs were initiated in 1990 and became popular in 2003.
||Vlogs started in 2000, but after 2004 they became famous.
||Maintenance for blogs is cheap, as we have to pay the web hosting fees. Blogs can be hosted for free most of the time.
||Vlog hosting can be free or inexpensive, but buying equipment such as a camera, microphone, tripods, etc. needs a lot of expense.
||In the blog, the written content behind the visual content is missing.
||In the vlog, much faster than written content, visual content gains popularity.
||In the blog, we cannot stream any online event.
||In the Vlog, we may stream any live event and reach a wider audience quicker.
||In the blog, the number of visitors is comparatively less than the Vlog.
||In the Vlog, the number of visitors is comparatively more than the blog.
||We need to do content writing so that more and more people come to our blog every day.
||To make a great Vlog, we have to be clever enough to pick good phrases, use facial expressions effectively and have a nice voice to hear.
By posting good content, blogging and vlogging can also be used to earn money. However, we post the blog's written content while posting the video content in the case of a vlog, which is the simplest difference between them.