ATmega32-8 Bit AVR MicroController
The AVR microController is based on the advanced Reduced Instruction Set Computer (RISC) architecture. ATmega32 microController is a low power CMOS technology based controller. Due to RISC architecture AVR microcontroller can execute 1 million of instructions per second if cycle frequency is 1 MHz provided by crystal oscillator.
Consider some general features of ATmega32 microcontroller is:-
- 2 Kilo bytes of internal Static RAM
- 32 X 8 general working purpose registers
- 32 Kilo bytes of in system self programmable flash program memory.
- 1024 bytes EEPROM
- Programmable serial USART
- 8 Channel, 10 bit ADC
- One 16-bit timer/counter with separate prescaler, compare mode and capture mode.
- Available in 40 pin DIP, 44-pad QFN/MLF and 44-lead QTFP
- Two 8-bit timers/counters with separate prescalers and compare modes
- 32 programmable I/O lines
- In system programming by on-chip boot program
- Master/slave SPI serial interface
- 4 PWM channels
- Programmable watch dog timer with separate on-chip oscillator
Special Microcontroller Features:
- External and internal interrupt sources
- Six sleep modes: Idle, ADC noise reduction, power-save, power-down, standby and extended standby.
- Power on reset and programmable brown-out detection.
- Internal calibrated RC oscillator