Assertion and Reason 2
6) Assertion (A): Copper is more expensive than silver.
Reason (R): Copper is a good conductor of electricity.
Copper is cheaper than silver and it is a good conductor of electricity.
7) Assertion (A): We sweat less in hot and humid climate.
Reason (R): Sweat evaporates quickly in hot and humid climate.
Our body sweats more in hot and humid climate, and sweat does not evaporate quickly in hot and humid climate.
8) Assertion (A): We should stop weeds from growing in the crop fields.
Reason (R): Weeds leave no space for crops to grow.
Weeds should not be allowed to grow in the crop fields as they compete with the crops for resources like sunlight, water, and nutrients. So, weeds affect the crop yields, and they do not compete for space.
9) Assertion (A): Diamond is used for cutting the glass.
Reason (R): The refractive index of diamond is high.
The molecular structure of a diamond makes it so hard that it can cut the glass. It has a high refractive index, but it does not make it hard.
10) Assertion (A): The water kept in the earthen pot cools down in summers.
Reason (R): The water evaporates through the pores, which causes cooling.
The earthen pots have pores through which water can evaporate, and it is a fact that evaporation causes cooling.
Assertion and Reason 1
Assertion and Reason 3
Assertion and Reason 4