Course of Action 1
This type of reasoning questions consists of a statement which is followed by two courses of action numbered I and II. You have to analyze the problem discussed in the statement and decide which course of action should be followed to solve the problem.
1) Statement: A severe drought is reported in many states of the country.
I. The government should immediately provide financial assistance to the people of the affected states.
In this situation, the government should think about saving the lives of people and livestock by providing basic amenities like food and water. Providing financial assistance will not provide immediate relief and would put an extra burden on the funds.
2) Statement: A large number of people in the city die every year due to polluted drinking water.
I. The government should make necessary arrangements to provide safe drinking water to the people of the city.
In this situation, the government should provide safe drinking water as well as spread awareness about the ill effects of drinking contaminated water.
3) Statement: Due to repeated crop failures, the villagers are facing financial problems and migrating to urban areas.
I. The government should provide villagers alternate source of income so that their income is not affected by crop failure.
Migration to urban areas is not a solution, i.e., it will increase the burden on the city?s infrastructure. So, the villagers should have some alternate source of income so that they can continue earning even if their crop fails.
4) Statement: The sale of the product of a company has decreased significantly; the company is worried about the future of the product.
I. The company should analyze the rival products available in the market.
By analyzing the rival products, the company can understand why people are not buying its product. Lowering the price and improving the quality is not the right solution.
5) Statement: The education minister discussed the importance of flexibility in the education system and regretted that the curriculum had not been revised to match the changing needs of students and the education system.
I. The education system should be made more flexible.
The situation demands that the education system should be more flexible and should be revised periodically.
Course of Action 2
Course of Action 3
Course of Action 4